Talk

Advanced search

Mucous plug? (tmi, pic included)

(9 Posts)
DarcyParty Fri 06-Oct-17 11:48:25

Hi guys, first baby, 35+1. I felt a lot of pressure "down there" and went to the loo and found this lovely thing. It's quite firm but jellyish (sorry!! 😂)

Is this my mucous plug? I had something similar a few weeks ago bit not nearly as much!

Santawontbelong Fri 06-Oct-17 11:50:20

Bit and pieces can come away and it can have no meaning. . Obviously if you get any more signs of imminent labour then ring your mw. . When I lost my plug at 40 weeks it was shed loads!

Wonderflonium Fri 06-Oct-17 11:52:05

It looks like it but when mine went, it was probably 10x as much and pinker. Looks like only a bit has come away so you should be golden. Ring the mw if anything else happens though, innit.

DarcyParty Fri 06-Oct-17 11:53:35

Thanks! I've had low backache but I'll keep an eye on it. I've been paranoid she'll be early ever since midwife said she was engaged 😥

Isn't pregnancy glamorous grin

NauticalDisaster Fri 06-Oct-17 11:54:49

Yes, that is some of the mucus plug.

I would suggest a pad on in case you lose more as well as to monitor if you start to leak any waters.

Keep an eye on things down there and ring the maternity unit if more symptoms appear!

DarcyParty Fri 06-Oct-17 11:57:13

Will do! Thanks very much, all smile

Lemondrop99 Fri 06-Oct-17 16:57:14

I've been losing mine slowly since 37 weeks... I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow! I mentioned it to my mfor decide and she said it didn't really mean much, especially if it wasn't blood streaked

actino Fri 06-Oct-17 18:32:48

I'm 35 weeks exactly and just lost my plug a few hours ago! I've been feeling a lot of heaviness in my vagina for a few days now ands have had a bad side stitch in the morning. The midwife told me not to worry, that the heaviness and pain were probably from the baby moving down into my pelvis, and that it's normal for the plug to come out this early. Woke me up, though, I'm packing my bag tonight just to be prepared!

Cracklesfire Fri 06-Oct-17 18:39:27

I didn't lose my mucus plug until I was 6cm dilated and getting up to get in the pool. I thought initially my waters had broken there was so much of it in a huge gush! But that does looks similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now