Talk

Advanced search

Possible to be induced for severe spd?

(6 Posts)
Camellapella Thu 05-Oct-17 22:52:40

Suffered SPD from around 20 weeks now 37 weeks and I'm at the point where I can't even turn over in bed. Actually stuck right now I feel so down I can't do another 4 weeks of thissad I wish I was never pregnant sometimes and it's really affecting me and getting me down, is it possible I could be induced? Please help

Lozmatoz Fri 06-Oct-17 03:28:26

You can only ask! Have you been to physio, got belt etc?

NewMonthNewUsername Fri 06-Oct-17 04:25:25

I was! Got induced at 37+4. I'd been with consultant led care due to needing pain killers to manage. Midwives are reluctant to induce, so I'd suggest trying to get an appointment with a consultant asap

Camellapella Fri 06-Oct-17 06:44:18

Thank you. How do I get seen by a consultant? I have no regular midwife, different ones at every app, next app not for anouther week. Should I ring today and explain?

Kittykat93 Fri 06-Oct-17 08:31:13

It won't hurt to ask ! I'm being induced for gestational diabetes anyway at 39 weeks but I also have spd that's making me miserable. When I spoke to the consultant about it she cut across me and said 'spd is not a reason for induction I'm afraid, it's causing no harm to the baby'

Think it probably depends on the consultant you see smile call your midwife and ask for a referral

RedBlu Fri 06-Oct-17 08:36:29

I had horrendous SPD and was signed off work from about 28 weeks. I could barely walk, couldn’t turn in bed and was in pain constantly.

Was told it’s just one of those things that some woman suffer with, but it wasn’t causing the baby any harm so to just put up with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now