Talk

Advanced search

Weird rash on thumb?!?

(7 Posts)
isshoes Thu 05-Oct-17 11:35:56

Hi all,

Am fully prepared to be told this is likely nothing whatsoever to do with my being pregnant, and to stop being ridiculous, but does anyone have any ideas what it could be? It’s slightly itchy and feels rather ‘raw’ at times, but not too bad - more unsightly than anything else. It’s only on one thumb!

MyBrilliantDisguise Thu 05-Oct-17 11:38:35

It looks it's eczema or psoriasis. You could put hydrocortisone cream on it (over the counter at the chemist's) and see if that helps.

SparklyMagpie Thu 05-Oct-17 11:40:17

Ooh at first I was going to say looks like the patches of psoriasis I get on my hand, is there any scales on it? Can't really tell properly just from looking.

Otherwise I'm actually not too sure.
Sorry can't be more help. You could always pop into a chemist, see what they think

SparklyMagpie Thu 05-Oct-17 11:41:50

MyBrilliantDisguise beat me too it haha

Yes psoriasis can be very itchy. I obviously use steroid cream as I suffer on my arms an legs too. But if you have any hydrocortisone or a moisturiser like E45 that might help it

isshoes Thu 05-Oct-17 12:06:09

Yes it is quite scaly. Perhaps I’ll pop to the chemist’s on my way home. Thanks all!

SparklyMagpie Thu 05-Oct-17 16:13:41

Yes go an get them to have a look or try and get in with your GP to see what they can give you as your pregnant

How did it start? Mine first started as small red dots on my legs that progressed into the scales. ID take a pic of my hand but it's calmed right down for the minute.

If it's psoriasis it will most likely be the extra hormones from pregnancy! I get a flare up when I'm hormonal or stressed

isshoes Thu 05-Oct-17 20:17:34

They started as slightly less angry red patches, that weren’t itchy or anything, now they’ve become peely and a bit raw. I spoke to a pharmacist who didn’t comment on what it might be, but just suggested I put some emollient cream on them. If it gets worse or spreads further I’ll go to the GP. It’s just weird that it’s only appeared on one thumb - nowhere else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now