Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling so low

(14 Posts)
ForeverChangingMyUsername Thu 05-Oct-17 08:42:58

Flu 11th oct 10.20

Hi everyone, I've name changed for this thread as I feel quite embarrassed and ashamed, but I am a regular.

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and to be honest I'm feeling very low. I spoke to my midwife yesterday and broke down in tears sad

I've been suffering really bad heart burn, back ache and nausea since I turned 6 weeks pregnant and I think it's all just getting on top of me.

I've been rubbish at work, calling in sick so much, and my manager really has been so understanding. I broke down in tears Tuesday morning and was told not to come back till today. Now I'm sitting here ready to go and I'm crying and feeling so down once again. I have 2 more days and then I'm off for a couple of weeks but I don't know if I can even manage those 2 days.

I don't know what is normal and what isn't, I think everything is just getting on top of me and I'm not coping with feeling so rubbish all the time. And the usual pregnancy exhaustion isn't helping.

I was just hoping there would be someone else who has gone through/is going through similar as I'm putting so much on DP and he already feels so helpless right now.

LumpySpaceCow Thu 05-Oct-17 08:54:10

I'm sorry you're feeling like this and you have no reason to feel ashamed. Did your midwife offer any support? Have you talked things through with your GP? Do you have antacids for your heart burn? Also, can you get referred for physio for your back pain - it could be related to pelvic girdle pain.
If you're not ready for work then don't go in, make an appointment with your GP and get signed off - you do sound quite depressed.
If your dp is loving and supportive then you won't be putting anything on him and he will just want to help you feel a little better xx

ForeverChangingMyUsername Thu 05-Oct-17 09:39:09

Thank you @LumpySpaceCow I do have antacids but can only take 2 per day and in between tablets it flares back up and can make me feel sick.

My midwife said at this stage she isn't overly concerned as I have no history of depression or anxiety but if I still feel this way to go back in a few weeks and she would refer me to someone.

It can be little things that set it off, DD gave me a picture this morning and said I had to take it to work to show my friends and it just set me off and now I can't stop.

It's silly as I know my work will understand, my manager is truly amazing, but I still feel so guilty.

The back pain, I've been to a class but not referred for a 1 on 1 session, again because at this stage it's not normal. It's not severe but enough to make walking or standing for a long period of time painful.

I called in and couldn't speak to a manager as no one was available, started nearly crying on the phone. After Friday I have my annual leave so I'm going to use that time to try and relax.

I just want to feel like myself again sad

OutComeTheWolves Thu 05-Oct-17 09:48:59

Heartburn is the worst! I take tablets for mine and then top up with rennies or gaviscon through the day.

A lot of the time we're encouraged to just accept things because they're 'normal when you're pregnant' but actually if you push hard enough, there's help or medication available.

LandLover123 Thu 05-Oct-17 09:55:05

I still think it's worth going to see your GP as to me, having no history or anxiety/depression shows that this isn't normal for you and you may require extra help. Can't you have gavisocn liquid? I drink it like water smile

ForeverChangingMyUsername Thu 05-Oct-17 09:55:27

@OutComeTheWolves it really is!
Last pregnancy I took rennies to help with the heartburn but this time round rennies and gaviscon both make me gag! Even the minty taste after brushing my teeth reminds me of gaviscon envy
That's how I feel, like maybe I'm being fobbed off? The midwife asked me if I resent the baby which I absolutely don't, he/she is a planned, very much wanted baby. I just resent the fact that I feel so rubbish all the time, that I can't do much without needing a break or feeling sick and that DD is missing out on me doing things with her because I'm sitting on the settee feeling grim.

I know people have it so much worse, I think this pregnancy has hit me like a tonne of bricks as with DD I had a straightforward pregnancy with no sickness or back ache until very late on. I just assumed this one would be the same but unfortunately not.

Lemondrop99 Thu 05-Oct-17 09:55:55

Ergh, heartburn is awful. What antacids are you on? I got Omaprazole from my GP and it made a huge difference.

ForeverChangingMyUsername Thu 05-Oct-17 09:56:50

@LandLover123 I started off on Gaviscon but it makes me gag trying to drink it (and peptac liquid, ugh that was even worse!)

I will think about speaking to my GP, I suppose I'm just ashamed but also scared in case they also say it's normal and there's nothing wrong with me.

wowbutter Thu 05-Oct-17 10:09:29

I've used omeprazole in both my pregnancies. It's only in this second one I have been able to use rennies without vomiting.
I am a bit further in than you, it I feel the same way.
I am so angry at the world because I am in so much pain. And my sleep is messed up. And im crying all the time.
I didn't tell the midwife youth. M thinking I should have.

mumofone234 Thu 05-Oct-17 11:26:21

I can highly recommend ranitidine - I found that gaviscon etc did nothing for me. You can buy it at the supermarket.

OutComeTheWolves Thu 05-Oct-17 18:06:33

It's ranitidine I'm using at the minute too. I got it on prescription or else I'd be spending a fortune on it. It's awesome- I currently love it more than I love my husband.

ForeverChangingMyUsername Fri 06-Oct-17 11:05:44

It's ranitidine I have at the moment, which is good but seems to wear off by mid afternoon so I try to wait until at least 5 to take my second pill so I can get to sleep.

That's how I feel, angry at the world because of this pain. I had it so easy the first time round I just expected it to be the same this time round.

I was cheered up last night when I felt LO moving around, just small butterfly type feelings but definitely baby!

My friend is taking me shopping today, I'm going to try and cheer myself up by looking at some nice baby things and try to get myself a bit more excited.

Thank you all so much for your kind words, it really means so much flowers

Foggymist Fri 06-Oct-17 11:21:43

Go for a massage or to an osteopath for the back ache if they're not referring you to physio.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Fri 06-Oct-17 18:02:20

I hope you had a nice day and your feeling a little better x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now