Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heavyish bleeding 11/12 weeks. Happened during sex

(36 Posts)
CocoDeMoll Wed 04-Oct-17 21:46:28

And TMI dh noticed blood on his penis and we stopped. I rushed down to the toilet and it dripped in the bowl. Some stains on my dressing gown. I'm lying down with a pad on for the last 20 mins and it's still coming but slowly. No pain.

I've called the NHS direct and waiting a call back. Can anyone advise or reassure?

Looby4 Wed 04-Oct-17 21:50:13

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I'd stay lying down until you hear from 111. If it is a m/c you will know, but I'm hoping it's ok.

snackarella Wed 04-Oct-17 21:50:18

As it was during sex you could have just disturbed something - this happened to a friend at 20 weeks with lots of blood and all was fine.
I'd imagine it's similar. Good luck x

CocoDeMoll Wed 04-Oct-17 21:51:47

I had a scan at 8 weeks, it had a heartbeat. No problems seen. I'm keeping that in mind.

Mumof41987 Wed 04-Oct-17 21:53:16

Hmmm could be a low lying placenta . As sex rough ? Hope all is ok but any bleeeing is not normal in pregnancy

Mumof41987 Wed 04-Oct-17 21:53:32

Was not as

CocoDeMoll Wed 04-Oct-17 21:54:29

It was a deep position but not rough.

Zohz123 Wed 04-Oct-17 21:56:35

Had this literally just last week. Was terrified and thought i was losing baby, went to hospital and they checked and said all looks normal (bleeding had stopped after a while). Also had a scan and everything was fine. Must have just disturbed something. I never had cramps either and if it’s miscarriage I think it’s lots of blood. I felt like I started to imagine phantom cramps though after seeing the blood. But like I said, I think miscarriage cramps are something else altogether. I’m sure all will be fine but worth seeking help for peace of mind x

CocoDeMoll Wed 04-Oct-17 21:58:56

Thanks. I think I'm getting phantom cramps too.

I'm still waiting for the callback.
They asked if I was soaking a pad in an hour but I'd called 10 mins after so I said no. I am soaking a pad though

ZippyCameBack Wed 04-Oct-17 22:00:38

No pain is good. When I had bleeding at 8 weeks (every pregnancy except one) the midwife told me it is often caused by cervical erosion + sex. If that's what it is I think it's otherwise fairly harmless.
Mine was fine most of the times I had it, and the times it wasn't there was definitely pain- like period pains.
I hope it all works out for you.

curlylocks88 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:01:57

If your hospital has an early pregnancy unit, go there first thing in the morning (likely to be closed now). They will be able to do a scan and check all is ok. Best wishes.

CocoDeMoll Wed 04-Oct-17 22:12:20

Thanks. Still no call back. I'm just trying to distract myself.

HJE17 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:15:56

Implantation bleeding around 11/12 weeks is quite common, typically light spotting but can be heavier.

Things can also be dryer "down there" during pregnancy so it's best to use lots of lube to prevent irritation and tearing.

So there: 2 reasons for bleeding that DO NOT imply any harm to the baby! Try not to ever let your mind go to the worst unless the doctors tell you otherwise. You'll drive yourself mad with worry otherwise over the next 28 weeks!

Mumof41987 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:18:27

What do u mean phantom cramps ? Either you ha e pain or not ?

CocoDeMoll Wed 04-Oct-17 22:29:17

I was agreeing with another poster that your mind starts questioning if you've got pain or not.

I've been advised to go to a +e by the dr now.

Oldschool41 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:51:00

Low lying placenta can cause bleeding through having sex. I was told if I bled while having a low lying placenta I should go to hospital straight away.

cherryontopp Wed 04-Oct-17 23:02:37

I went to A&E for exactly the same thing. I was advised to go.

After sitting in there for 3 hours I was told it was too late to scan me. No one was there to scan so had to come back first thing.

CocoDeMoll Wed 04-Oct-17 23:12:49

That's what I'm thinking cherry. Dh can't drive me and I feel too shaky to drive and my dd is fast asleep. I've just passed an egg sized clot which is scary but the bleeding isn't trickling anymore. I'm going to see how it goes for a bit.

tabbycatbythesea Wed 04-Oct-17 23:15:12

If you've passed a clot you need to go. Egg size sounds like it could be a gestational sac? Sorry to panic, sadly I'm an expert at miscarriages

CocoDeMoll Wed 04-Oct-17 23:15:48

I looked through it. It was definetly just blood.

CocoDeMoll Wed 04-Oct-17 23:17:17

Sorry you've been through multiple miscarriages tabby

Misssmoo Thu 05-Oct-17 06:10:53

Go up there this morning and get checked x

Looby4 Thu 05-Oct-17 07:54:16

If you still have the clot (sorry TMI) please keep it to show them. Sometimes they analyse the tissue if it is bad news.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 05-Oct-17 08:02:50

I had this at 20 weeks the day of my scan so I was terrified. I called up hospital as soon as I noticed bleeding. The first thing she asked was if I had sex recently which I had. It's very common in pregnancy. She just said if the bleeding was dark red then to go in but mine was pink and turned light brown and baby was absolute fine

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 05-Oct-17 08:05:03

The bleeding caused after sex during pregnancy is a knock to the cervix.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now