Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

12 weeks and so fed up of husband

(8 Posts)
Feelingstressed444 Wed 04-Oct-17 21:28:13

Hi ladies, I just need to rant my anger!
I'm 12 weeks today with my second pregnancy, and compared to my first pregnancy this time around has been horrendous to be honest. I'm thrilled to be pregnant of course, but my symptoms have been terrible. I've been naseous and vomitting since week 4 and continue to do so. I can barely eat, work, drive or just be normal, I have limited energy to look after my toddler.
To top it off, it's my birthday tomorrow and honestly I feel upset that I can't even stomach a piece of cake or a nice meal out etc because my appetite is so appalling and I've actually lost weight.
I just can't help but feel so resentful of my husband that his life doesn't seem to have changed a single bit. He doesn't understand that I've been home bound for several weeks now, lonely and fed up, and just continues to live his life as normal. I had an exceptionally down day today and needed his support tonight, but instead has gone to play pool with his friends and didn't even consider changing it.
Why can't he see how selfish he is being and learn to be there for me? I feel like I'm making all of the sacrifices, and I know it's me that's pregnant, but he doesn't seem to compromise on anything or try and understand how hard I'm finding it and how much I'm just desperate for some normality 😢

Alexandra07 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:05:41

I am sorry you feel like this... Have you talked to your husband about how you feel and how different this pregnancy is? Sometimes you need to be direct with men or they just don't get it! Maybe you can have a small celebration tomorrow, and arrange a nicer meal/cake once you start feeling better which should happen soon!
I hope you enjoy your birthday tomorrow and congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

Lilbeth1986 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:11:16

So sorry you are feeling like this.Sending you a gentle hug.Sometimes men are a bit dumb when it comes to intuition so you're not alone there!Hopefully you will start to feel a little better soon and then you won't be stuck in the house so much.

SomehowSomewhere1 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:35:22

The eve of your Birthday, you're feeling incredibly rough, he should be there! Situation reversed, we'd be there with a bath run and tlc. Fingers crossed he'll make up for it tomorrow, otherwise time to book yourself a treat of gift.

SomehowSomewhere1 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:35:38

*or

DeadDoorpost Thu 05-Oct-17 00:52:10

Sorry to hear you're having problems and that you're not seemingly going to enjoy your birthday.
If you're losing weight and still being sick please phone your GP and ask for anti sickness meds. As someone who suffers from HG nd lost weight and couldn't keep food down or enjoy food at all they've helped loads and at least they might give you a respite to be able to do things you need to do.
flowers

Feelingstressed444 Thu 05-Oct-17 08:32:35

Thanks for understanding and for the kind words ladies, it's so helpful to hear those words Xx

LittleWingSoul Thu 05-Oct-17 09:00:46

Happy Birthday OP! Hope your mood lifts today and you're able to enjoy your birthday. cake flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: