Talk

Advanced search

10+5 constant cramping and passing red/brown clots after being on my feet all day

(10 Posts)
IfeelFloopy Wed 04-Oct-17 12:33:09

I am 10+5 and for the last 2 weeks I've been spotting brown blood. I am a dog groomer it's pretty physical work and Mon and Tues after being at work on my feet all day I had consistent cramping. Yesterday I passed a big red/brown clot and continued spotting.

I spoke to a midwife who advised if the cramping gets worse and I start to bleed then I need to go to a&e. Thankfully this morning cramping is mostly gone and I'm only spotting. She advised rest incase I am aggregating something which may otherwise settle.

I am waiting to hear back from my midwife (couldn't get hold of her yesterday) to see if I can find out what's going on. We had a private scan on Friday when I was 10 weeks which showed everything is good and the baby had a good strong heartbeat. I just feel like the cramping and clots are related to me being on my feet/doing too much even though my body should be used to it. Thankfully I am in a position to take off any time I need but I would like to know what is happening. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Tattybogle89 Wed 04-Oct-17 18:14:09

I would call your early pregnancy unit and get scanned if you are passing clots x

IfeelFloopy Wed 04-Oct-17 21:56:08

I spoke to a midwife and went to a&e. They booked me in for Friday because no one was there to scan me at the time. I feel like the cramping has increased but I'm still only spotting other than when I go to the toilet which is when I pass clots. Friday feels like forever away.

Tattybogle89 Thu 05-Oct-17 10:49:31

Friday seems like a long wait to give you given the circumstances. I'm sorry to hear you are still passing clots.
I hope everything works out for you x

4thtime Thu 05-Oct-17 11:17:26

I'd call back if the cramping has returned and still passing clots, they may be able to squeeze u in earlier than Friday, also if pain gets to much go back to a&he and they may be able to scan then

hungryhass Thu 05-Oct-17 12:07:36

yes - if you are still passing clots please don't wait till Friday. It really frustrates me that they make women wait under such circumstances. Don't leave it too late in the day either. The hospital I went to a couple weeks ago said they could not scan me until the next day as the "Scan Department" closed at 5pm - grrr

IfeelFloopy Mon 09-Oct-17 08:28:34

Sorry, I forgot I started this thread after initially not getting many replies. I only just checked back to find I had more.

Unfortunately it was not good news for me. I miscarried on Thursday night. It feels cruel that I felt safer after having a private scan just 1 week before and I was nearly 11 weeks. But I suppose that's life. I just really hope it was not caused by me overdoing it 😔.

Thank you everyone who took the time to reply.

Hazandduck Mon 09-Oct-17 08:44:46

@Ifeelfloopy I'm so sorry it was bad news, but honestly it will not be anything you've done so please don't blame yourself. Now is the time to take some you time, rest, cry, allow yourself to grieve. Xx

Tattybogle89 Mon 09-Oct-17 18:12:25

I'm very sorry to hear this op. I was worried for you when I read your post x

AnUtterIdiot Mon 09-Oct-17 18:53:39

I'm so sorry flowers

Pretty much the same thing happened to me last year, except that the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks ish and I didn't realise until week 11. I wasn't on my feet all the time - I have quite a physically sedentary job. So it won't have been anything to do with that, honestly. It's just bad luck. If it's any consolation I'm now 29 weeks into my second pregnancy so hang in there - all pregnancies are different and there's no reason why the next one shouldn't be absolutely fine.

In the meantime, give yourself the time and space to grieve - the end of a pregnancy is a real loss whenever it happens and it is OK to feel bereaved flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now