Talk

Advanced search

How many weeks were you when cs was booked ?

(13 Posts)
Dairyleadunked Tue 03-Oct-17 13:41:50

I'm just wondering what the usual timescale is-I've been told I will need a cs at around 36 weeks but that it will be booked at 34......
I need to have childcare in place and dh booked off work with more notice than that especially as I will be 36 weeks over xmas week.
If I ask before that would it be booked in sooner or is 34 weeks the standard time ?
Thanks

ShuttyTown Tue 03-Oct-17 13:44:11

It’s standard in my Trust to book about 1 week in advance. They can’t book too far in advance as timetables change all the time for emergencies/doctors on call rotas etc. I think 2 weeks in advance is quite good notice really

Dairyleadunked Tue 03-Oct-17 13:46:43

I'm just panicking as it will be xmas week....childcare is a big big issue for dd (SN) and I need to get it all organised. Of course things may change anyway of anything happens earlier then it'd be an EMCS but I just feel the need to have more than two weeks notice due to dd and dh work

Malib Tue 03-Oct-17 13:47:48

I had an elective through private care, so from 12 weeks pretty much.

bonzo77 Tue 03-Oct-17 13:56:42

My “elective” ones were early (35+5 and 37+5) due to gradually failing placentas and reduced movements. Both I had about 36 hrs notice. Not great for planning child care (these were for my DS2 and DS3), but needs must. My parents (who did the childcare) were a bit stupid about it, both had been pushing for an exact date for weeks, but as I said at the time, if the situation were different and I was waiting for spontaneous labour, then they would have had far less notice!!

dramallamakarma Tue 03-Oct-17 13:57:37

I've been told my CS will be booked at 32 weeks (for either 38 or 39 weeks) this does coincide with a scan though. When's your next consultant appt?

GlitteryFluff Tue 03-Oct-17 13:59:36

I've got a consultant appt when I'll be 36 weeks and I believe i'm going to get my date then, which will be for sometime in the 39th week.

dramallamakarma Tue 03-Oct-17 14:10:56

There's no harm in asking your midwife, last time I saw mine she said 'have a think about what day you'd like' as in my trust they only do electives on Mon, Weds & Fri so you may be able to request a certain day in your 39th week.

Of course things could change on the day anyway as emergencies will take priority & you might have to wait.

LapinR0se Tue 03-Oct-17 15:23:31

I'm 28 weeks and have got my date & time already

Dairyleadunked Tue 03-Oct-17 16:17:16

I have appts at 25,28,30,32 and 34 weeks. Scans and consultant at 28 and 34 so I could ask at 28 weeks

TestingTestingWonTooFree Tue 03-Oct-17 16:20:07

I think mine was booked at 36 weeks for 39 weeks. Worth asking if there's a usual day for them to do them and what usually happens over Christmas.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Tue 03-Oct-17 16:26:37

I think mine was booked at 36 weeks for 39 weeks. Worth asking if there's a usual day for them to do them and what usually happens over Christmas.

dramallamakarma Fri 20-Oct-17 14:00:47

Have you had your 28 week appt yet @Dairyleadunked?

My CS was booked yesterday (32 weeks) for 38+4 (consultant wanted between 38-39 weeks). It's nice to get a date to be able to organise childcare like you say!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: