Talk

Advanced search

LOW HCG levels and Progesterone Levels

(13 Posts)
Mummyloves09 Mon 02-Oct-17 12:35:01

Can anyone advise me.
I previously went to A and E due to pain in my right ovary (they suspected ectopic pregnancy), so they requested external and internal scans. However the scan the next morning at the hospital showed nothing. However pregnancy test at the hospital and home kit is positive.
I am really early on (only 5 weeks pregnant by lmp) says the dr.

The hospital just called me and they want me to come in tomorrow to have more blood test and check my hCG levels and my progesterone to check if they have increased.
My current levels are:
HCG: 42
POGESTERONE: 29

has anyone had such low levels?
I'm so worŕied.

Laura2018 Tue 03-Oct-17 14:02:54

How did you get on OP? Xx

Mummyloves09 Tue 03-Oct-17 14:50:13

I'm still waiting on the hospital to feedback the results.

Southy84 Tue 03-Oct-17 14:56:32

I hope they don't keep you waiting long for your results OP, my hcg levels were only 77 at what should have been 6 weeks, I also had a scan as they thought they should be able to see something and they couldn't see anything- not even a sac. My hcg did double as normal and ten days later they could see a baby on the scan. They thought I was having a early mc but I am now 29 weeks pregnant. I have everything crossed for you x

Mummyloves09 Tue 03-Oct-17 16:28:26

Wow that is excellent news smile.

I just got my result back
HCG 172
Progesterone 42

I could do a flipping back flip I'm so excited. This is all I needed to hear smile

Southy84 Tue 03-Oct-17 16:59:04

That's brilliant news!! So pleased for you smile Have they booked you in for a re-scan?

Mummyloves09 Tue 03-Oct-17 17:42:34

Now the hospital is puzzled,as they thought it was ectopic they said they need to locate the pregnancy, so they booked me in for a scan on Monday smile and more bloodshmm

Southy84 Tue 03-Oct-17 17:56:08

Did they say which ovary you ovulated from? In both my pregnancies I had pain in the ovary I ovulated from, they also thought I had an ectopic due to the pain and nothing on the scan and low hcg, I don't want to get your hopes up but hopefully you will have more answers on Monday, it's good they are keeping a close eye on you though and if the pain gets worse I would call them straight away, I have everything crossed for you x

Laura2018 Tue 03-Oct-17 17:57:12

Hope all goes well, let us know how you get on. I had an ectopic and they spotted it on the first scan so fingers crossed you'll be fine xxx

Mummyloves09 Tue 03-Oct-17 18:24:15

Pain lasted 2 days and has gone now. I feel a lot better. Hopefully all is ok

Mummyloves09 Thu 05-Oct-17 09:08:59

Hospital arrange a follow up for Thursday to locate this little bean as i will be 6 +2 visability may have improved and more bloods to check if HCG and Progesterone is still progressing . so I will keep the thread updated smile

Mummyloves09 Thu 05-Oct-17 09:10:13

Forgot to add my Monday appointment was cancelled hence Thursday appointment.

Laura2018 Thu 05-Oct-17 14:10:03

All the best for Thursday xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now