Talk

Advanced search

Just found out im pregnant!

(18 Posts)
Shocked2017 Sun 01-Oct-17 15:36:46

So just discovered im pregnant...feeling strong kicks so guessing im far on! 2nd child! First midwife apt on tuesday. Anybody know what theyll do? As i am guessing i could be roughly 20+ weeks?? Will she send me for an emergency scan at the hospital? Quite nervous, havent told anyone yet!

Ijustlovefood Sun 01-Oct-17 19:33:13

I'm not sure tbh but congratulations. You might be further along if you're feeling strong kicks.

Shocked2017 Mon 02-Oct-17 08:04:43

Feeling very scared, anxious and panicking telling partner as he does not want anymore children. He has 2 children from previous relationship and i have one which he has taken on as his own. I cant sleep for worrying it will break our relationship, my job and obviously how people will react. Ive been a single parent before and know i can do it again but cant help but fret.

Ijustlovefood Mon 02-Oct-17 09:46:09

Were you using contraception?

cakesandphotos Mon 02-Oct-17 13:24:54

I think if you really have no idea of your dates, they’ll scan you as a matter of urgency. If you’re 20+ weeks you won’t be able to have the nuchal test. Call your GP and see what they say

minmooch Mon 02-Oct-17 17:56:28

Any news op? Have you been sent for a scan?

greentea4me Mon 02-Oct-17 18:27:03

Any news? smile

Shocked2017 Tue 03-Oct-17 21:45:11

Suffered sever pains in my right side yesterday whilst at work. Got sent to a&e.....after scanning me around 7pm they let me come home! Im measuring 28 weeks and 2 days.....although they said theyll arrange for me to have a dating scan as this may not be accurate.

minmooch Tue 03-Oct-17 21:49:00

Wow! Have you told your partner yet? I’m sure you will be in shock?

I hope your partner takes the news positively and you can plan for the baby’s arrival.

4evernamechanging Tue 03-Oct-17 21:57:14

Just came on here to tell you they will send you for a scan.. and saw your reply latest post. BLOODY HELL! I hope this is good news even if it is a shock! Congratulationsflowers

GlitteryFluff Tue 03-Oct-17 22:02:59

Wow! That's gonna take some getting used to but not too long as baby will be here!

4evernamechanging Tue 03-Oct-17 22:09:36

Sorry, hadn't read everything you'd written.
Really sorry you're so worried and nervous to tell your OH. Hope you've managed to speak to him after today and things aren't too hostile, despite it being a major shock! Ive been where you are (pregnant now) please message me if you want to talk.

Justonemorepleasethen Tue 03-Oct-17 22:12:48

How did you not know!?!? Must be a shock!

Shocked2017 Wed 04-Oct-17 07:36:58

4evernamechanging yep things are hostile! Havent spoke since i got back from hospital apart from the odd question about laundry loads and kids tea etc. Text him yesterday to say did he want to order anything together or was he not bothered....basically wasnt bothered.

Havent had any stand out symptoms i.e sickness, heartburn etc. Gained weight but just thought i was getting fat and lazy! Nowhere near as big as i was with my 1st. I never suffered heartburn with 1st either even though she had a mop of brown hair!

4evernamechanging Wed 04-Oct-17 08:10:59

I know exactly how you feel. I told OH on the Tuesday, he told me he didn't want it, wouldn't do it etc, had the day off together on the Wednesday and he avoided me all day. I went upstairs, he went downstairs kind of thing. I broke down and laid in bed sobbing, he cuddled me for ages and said nothing. I thought that was his way of telling me it'll be okay. That night he got suitcases out for me and told me to leave. I'm not saying the same will happen to you and I hope to god it doesn't but at that time I felt like my world had ended, but it didn't. Stay strong and remember this isn't your fault, it's a shit situation and you will struggle with finding the positives even though "you should be happy about having a baby", it's not always that easy! But you'll get there. I hope things sort themselves out xx

Shocked2017 Fri 06-Oct-17 21:49:11

So things are ok, partner is ok! Next challenge....telling the kids. Partner worried about his youngest (7) son who is having trouble at school, with his mum, confidence and really anxious at the moment. Can anyone suggest ways to break the news to a child who will find it difficult to accept? I have ordered them tshirts saying "im going to be a big brother/sister" but wanted to do something really special so its not as hard for them to get their heads around. Xx

Rainatnight Fri 06-Oct-17 21:52:24

God, 4ever, I'm so sorry, that's so brutal. Did you leave? He can bloody leave.

Ropsleybunny Fri 06-Oct-17 21:58:31

Congratulations 🌺🌼🌷

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now