Talk

Advanced search

Spd can't get up.

(6 Posts)
Jackiecan Fri 29-Sep-17 19:04:09

Posted a couple of times previously regarding my spd I only have a few weeks to and it's been at it's peak for a while now however I am currently sat on the sofa and have just tried to stand, but when I do I get them a unbearable shooting pain in vagina that doesn't allow me to stand up. What can I do, it's also adding to my aniexty furthermore about the pain being tripled while in labour.

Moanyoldcow Fri 29-Sep-17 19:12:38

Try twisting on to the floor so you end up on your knees

Moanyoldcow Fri 29-Sep-17 19:13:47

Sorry - posted too quick!

Then twist to face the sofa and push yourself to standing that way. That kind of thing helped me.

SPD is awful - so sorry you're suffering xx

Jasmine1111 Fri 29-Sep-17 21:16:49

It’s absolutely hideous. I use a kind of roll off the sofa method when Necessary.

I’ve given birth with SPD twice and it wasn’t any worse than the time when I didn’t have it.

AmyB1986 Fri 29-Sep-17 22:07:54

I sympathise totally with as I’m suffering exactly the same. Two weeks to go and I can’t get off the sofa, turn over in bed or get out of bed with out looking like a lame hippo!
I’ve found the trick with the sofa though. I try to wiggle as close to the edge of the sofa as I can and lean forward as far as bump will allow and stand from a kind of squatting position, a bit like how a sumo wrestler would stand. Still hurts but bearable-ish.
Unfortunately I haven’t found any other way as getting down on the floor is harder to get up from than the sofa.

wahmshie Tue 10-Oct-17 03:20:12

I've had SPD when I was pregnant, and I bought a pelvis support belt which helped a lot. Others say that acupuncture helps, not sure though if the OB would recommend that. Try reading through ways on how to relieve SPD. Hope you'll feel better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now