Talk

Advanced search

I think I might be pregnant...

(18 Posts)
Karaa Tue 26-Sep-17 13:11:01

Backstory: I've been taking the contraceptive pill for almost five months now, and since I started taking it my periods have been once a month every month like clock work. However this month I haven't yet had my period, in fact it's 5 days late... I'm beginning to worry a little as this is unlike me.

I don't know if this is related at all (I'm probably over thinking it) but...
I'm really off food at the moment, I'm usually a massive eater! Now I can barely stomach anything as it makes me feel really sick.
I've noticed my stomach seems a lot more prominent then it usually is. I'm really tired all the time. My boobs seem bigger and are quite sore. Also I've been having twinges in my stomach (but obviously no period) I've done a bit of research and it said these could be symptoms of early pregnancy but I don't want to jump the gun confused Ladies please give me some advice, I'm really stressed out and don't know what to do next!
-K xx

dede124 Tue 26-Sep-17 13:53:57

I would say from having regular periods to missing one sounds like you could be! Have you missed any pills at all? X

minmooch Tue 26-Sep-17 14:00:27

Do a test! Then you’ll know.

LilaoftheGreenwood Tue 26-Sep-17 14:01:31

Piss on a stick!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 26-Sep-17 14:10:50

Only way to find out is to do a test but sounds like you are to me

Karaa Tue 26-Sep-17 14:21:58

Will be buying a test later on today xx

Karaa Tue 26-Sep-17 16:34:23

Took the test and this was the result, will be doing another tomorrow morning to make sure xx

Mumtonoah5 Tue 26-Sep-17 16:35:24

Congratulations! 😊

Doublechocolatetiffin Tue 26-Sep-17 16:35:39

Looks pretty conclusive to me!

KTD27 Tue 26-Sep-17 16:37:12

I'd say that's conclusive! How do you feel??

NeilTheSloth Tue 26-Sep-17 16:37:32

How do you feel OP?

MN is a great support network no matter what smile from the unexpectedly excited, to the stressed, to the sad, to the happy, to the ecstatic!

Thissameearth Tue 26-Sep-17 16:41:22

Karaa how do you feel about that? You were taking the pill so obviously not trying.

Karaa Tue 26-Sep-17 16:45:47

Thank you everyone! I'm scared as I'm only 19. I've been seeing my current boyfriend for two months (sleeping with him for about a month). We've been official for less then a week... I've rang and called him but we were both pretty shocked. We're talking about it tonight but he said he'll support me no matter what xx

LilaoftheGreenwood Tue 26-Sep-17 17:12:36

Gosh, this is a lot for you both to take in - good luck whatever you decide, there will be people here to chat to as well no matter what your questions are. flowers

Thissameearth Tue 26-Sep-17 17:47:20

A lot to take in indeed. I hope conversation tonight is helpful and that you have good people otherwise around for support.

Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know but the clear blue test you used showing 2-3 weeks is counted from the date of conception and so is not the typical method of dating. Doctors and midwives will date from the first day of your last menstrual period which would usually be around two weeks earlier so (although i don't know how that works with how you take your pill) generally clear blue 2-3 weeks pregnant means an NHS calculation of being 4-5 weeks pregnant. Just because that can be bit confusing!

As this wasn't planned and until you know what you plan to do, you might want to look up the NHS advice on what they recommend you do and avoid i.e. take a folic acid supplement (it's only useful up to week 12 as development it helps is find by then). I've put a useful link below but please ignore if that feels inappropriate just now. There are options open to you and looking at this might not be helpful for you at all. Good luck flowers www.readysteadybaby.org.uk/you-and-your-pregnancy/looking-after-yourself-during-pregnancy/index.aspx

dede124 Tue 26-Sep-17 18:14:35

Congratulations flowers

ChocolatePancake Tue 26-Sep-17 19:15:28

Congratulations flowers I fell pregnant with my eldest at 19, it was a big shock! Just keep yourself surrounded with support if possible. It's very doable though and i have felt as though I've grown up with my eldest... it's a strange feeling. I feel as though he's always been here, I've grown into an adult with him and he's grown into a beautiful human, we've grown together. He's my best friend smile you'll do great!! flowers

Salva91 Tue 26-Sep-17 21:45:51

Congrats. Good to hear from you. I was 28 when got pregnant. It was surprising for me. Because I was not expecting so early. My hubby was also not ready for it. He was not with me at that time. He was in another city. Due to pregnancy I couldn't went alone. But now I think it was beautiful experience for me. The little age difference between you and your child makes strong bond. My baby is like friend with me. I never feel her like some responsibility. She gave me great relax time. Although I was not too young at my first pregnancy, but also not too old. The affiliation with my baby are strong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now