Talk

Advanced search

Tell me I am a paranoid eejit please

(17 Posts)
JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Mon 25-Sep-17 21:44:35

I am 14w pg with twins and scared I am leaking amniotic fluid.

I keep getting dampness down there and by the end of the day there is a deep yellow or v light tan coloured stain. It smells like ammonia.

Please tell me I am just gently pissing myself at intervals sentences you never imagined you'd type and not a hole in one of the babies' sacs sad

ChocolatePancake Mon 25-Sep-17 21:46:32

Likely leaking pee! Another wonderful pregnancy thing! Such grace, such loveliness grin flowers

ChocolatePancake Mon 25-Sep-17 21:47:01

But if you're worried just get your midwife to have a peak! But honestly, the pee thing smile

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Mon 25-Sep-17 21:47:49

I hope so. I just read somewhere the amnio fluid smells like ammonia and I don't hae another scan till Nov and got all scared.

mintich Mon 25-Sep-17 21:48:13

Get it checked just in case. But I did have to wear pantliners through my pregnancy!!

picknmiss Mon 25-Sep-17 21:48:47

I'm 22 weeks and had heavy discharge all the way through which can be quite damp blush and has made me very paranoid at times but no indication I am leaking amniotic fluid.

It's probably perfectly normal but I'd go get it checked out if it's worrying you, no point torturing yourself with what ifs and the midwives always say it's better to get checked if your concerned smile

ChocolatePancake Mon 25-Sep-17 21:50:37

Amniotic fluid kind of smells like... sweet semen? hmm

NotSoConfusedAnyMore Mon 25-Sep-17 21:53:23

"Please tell me I am gently pissing myself" grin - yes, I can understand that you never thought you would type that sentence!

Hope your midwife is able to tell you everything is fine.

NotSoConfusedAnyMore Mon 25-Sep-17 21:57:44

It's easy to get worked up at times like this. When I was 35 weeks with my 2nd boy, I fell over and was convinced my waters had broken early. Turns out I had just leaked in a urinary way blush I spent the next 6 weeks on crutches (he was born late) but was fine when he was born and he is healthy four year old now.

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Mon 25-Sep-17 22:02:20

Okay have emailed MW and hope she gets back! Thanks..... argh having cramps now and totally overthinking it all......

NotSoConfusedAnyMore Mon 25-Sep-17 22:20:59

Don't over think, it won't help you and won't change anything. Have a cup of tea, maybe a bath or whatever makes you feel good. Hope it all turns out all flowers

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Mon 25-Sep-17 23:33:59

I emailed my MW and she has just sent back a one liner saying to ring the GP as an emergency appt first thing tomorrow and get referred to the EPU. She is obviously taking it seriously confused

Zoenichole158 Mon 25-Sep-17 23:40:26

I've had this all through my pregnancy and I'm 22w with no problems so far. I wouldn't worry it's discharge and pee!

StylishDuck Mon 25-Sep-17 23:44:24

I'm 26 weeks with my 2nd and have had to wear liners constantly due to leakage for a while now. Doesn't matter how often I empty my bladder I genuinely have to pray every time I sneeze or cough. Pregnancy is so glamorous!

I'm sure it's just that but definitely get it checked out just for peace of mind flowers

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 26-Sep-17 00:01:28

I've had this all the way through my pregnancy I'm 27 weeks. It's not pleasant!

Mamimawr Tue 26-Sep-17 21:08:48

Did you see your GP today? Hope you're ok.com

PerspicaciaTick Tue 26-Sep-17 21:12:21

Take a pad you've been wearing with you - the MWs on the EPU can swab the pad with a magic giant earbud which tells them whether it is wee or amniotic fluid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now