Talk

Advanced search

Morning Sickness STARTING at 16 weeks??!

(10 Posts)
OrangeAndPink Mon 25-Sep-17 07:06:32

I'm 16 + 4 and counted myself so lucky to have avoided morning sickness in the first trimester. Just got out of the shower this morning and waves of nausea went through me for about 30 seconds - thought I was going to be sick - but then went away. Is this what morning sickness feels like?? And is it even possible to suddenly start getting it in the 2nd trimester?? Seeing midwife on Wed so will ask her then but hoping for some reassurance in the meantime 🤞🏼

Cat2991 Mon 25-Sep-17 07:10:27

I'm 19+3 and have had it the whole way through, but thankfully easing off now, but yes that's what mine feels like now, I find it's worse if I'm over hungry or over heated. Xx

TobleroneBoo Mon 25-Sep-17 07:12:31

It could have been a combination of warm
Shower / early morning/ no breakfast yet ( I'm guessing) and made you a bit dizzy?

I'm just coming up to 12 weeks and while I didn't have any sickness, the nausea certainly did come in waves and then just disappear

MuddlingThroughLife Mon 25-Sep-17 07:18:12

With my girls I had it from day one. With ds I had it from about four months in. Thought I'd got away with it! 🎗

ScotsLamb Mon 25-Sep-17 07:38:18

Mine was from 6 weeks but got worse from 10-18 weeks. I think it was down to a combination of exhaustion, dehydration and heat that made it worse. Once I was signed off work and could sleep as often as I needed and I drank gallons of liquid I felt better.
Hopefully it's just a one off for you.

OrangeAndPink Mon 25-Sep-17 08:22:29

Thanks for all your replies - probably was a combination of hot shower, hunger, tiredness etc. Although pregnancy hormones must be at least partly to blame as those same factors are in play every morning!!

Anyway, I'll try eating something small before my shower tomorrow to see if that helps. Hopefully just a one off as I didn't enjoy it at all! 😂

katmarie Mon 25-Sep-17 15:23:49

I had it up to about 13 weeks all day every day, just random waves of nausea, and then it stopped, (thank god) but then at 22 weeks I suddenly started getting it again, only this time at night as I was settling in bed. I've figured it out now though, turns out one of the supplements I've been taking had been making me feel sick, despite them not having bothered me before! Stopped taking it, nausea gone! Have a look what you do about 20-30 minutes before you get in the shower, are you having a cup of tea or taking anything? it might well just be pregnancy hormones, or it could be them interacting with something else too. Hope it gets better for you, it's really awful, I know!

Salva91 Mon 25-Sep-17 16:22:53

I had my pregnancy last year. It finished up with a cutie healthy baby. I had little morning sickness in my trimester. It was very little. Mostly, it was due to empty stomach. I observed that I felt nausea whenever I don't take any food for 1 or 2 hours after waking up. But it was just 1 or two weeks of first trimester. Later on I didn't feel any fatigue, nausea etc. I was doing my job which helped a lot. I had an active routine. I took care of my diet especially. In the noon, I took yogurt and fruits daily. My labor was also too much low due to my healthy diet and active routine. I was too much afraid of labor pain. I had a c-section therefore. Prayers for your journey.

Mumbofeet Mon 25-Sep-17 17:29:42

I only had a bit of nausea at the start of my pregnancy, only vomited once though. All felt fine after 12 weeks then suddenly yesterday (17+1) i had exactly the same as you! Getting out of the shower i went clammy, dizzy and nauseous, tried to be sick but couldn't, but couldn't stand up because of how dizzy and faint i felt. I went back to bed for a few hours and felt ok after it. Very weird and hopefully just a one off for both of us! Just when i thought i was getting the hang of pregnancy symptoms another one turns up haha

TobleroneBoo Thu 12-Oct-17 14:40:21

How are you feeling now OP? My sickness kicked in the day after my 12 week scan haha! Winding down now I think but still feel sick alot of the time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: