Talk

Advanced search

2nd pregnancy general questions

(11 Posts)
heatherxo Sun 24-Sep-17 14:27:48

Hey. Pregnant with baby number 2! Excited and scared all over again.

Anyway I have a few (probably general knowledge) questions...
How early on did you show 2nd time around?
How different were your symptoms? (Never had sickness like this before!)
When did you first feel movement?

I probably have a hundred more questions but my mind has drawn a blank right now..
X

Dustywillow Sun 24-Sep-17 14:41:36

Hi there congratulations on your pregnancy 😀

I'm also expecting no 2 I'm only 14 weeks but starting to show, I've also had a lot more symptoms this time and sickness is terrible as well x

newbian Sun 24-Sep-17 14:49:09

I'm 30 weeks with my second. My fatigue in first trimester was worse and the heartburn/indigestion in the past few weeks has been unbearable, I've had to get a prescription!

PressPaws Sun 24-Sep-17 15:01:43

Congratulations!

Barely showed with either pregnancy so can't really answer that one.

Symptoms were totally different! First pregnancy was with a girl and I had horrible nausea til nearly the third trimester with dry retching. Second pregnancy with a boy no vomiting and barely any nausea, but awful migraines. Totally different cravings too - craved sweet food with DD, salty with DS.

First felt movement around 18 weeks, compared to 17 weeks with first pregnancy.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

DappledThings Sun 24-Sep-17 17:05:22

27 weeks with number two. Last night I got the most horrendous reflux as soon as I went to bed. Vomited violently at 11.15 and 12.30 and have felt exhausted and queasy all day. Never had that with DS and apparently it is more common if it's not the first pregnancy.

Oh and the vomiting was so violent I wet myself. Oh the glamour!

Rockandrollwithit Sun 24-Sep-17 17:07:31

Congratulations! I had my second baby a few weeks ago.

The sickness was so much worse, I had HG all the way through, including many hospital admissions. I did have sickness for DC1, but it was on another level!

I felt movement at around 13 weeks, same as for DC1 - I make really wriggly babies.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sun 24-Sep-17 17:18:18

I'm 27 weeks with my second, suffering with bad heartburn today. Find myself getting very tired a lot of the time too

heatherxo Mon 25-Sep-17 22:36:21

Thanks ladies.
I feel all your pain! The nausea, sickness and heartburn are AWFUL this time! I've been experiencing pain in the middle pf my back (sides above waist) and shoulders, which I'm putting down to trapped wind. Any suggestions on relieving this? It's reduced me to tears a few times!

ChocolatePancake Tue 26-Sep-17 00:20:52

Started showing much sooner with my second, can't remember when exactly. I was much less sick the second time around - first time was absolutely brutal! However with my second I did have heartburn that radiated through me. Awful! The biggest difference was AFTER birth for me though.. the after birth pains were so bad the second time. I was told because the uterus is better at its job and contracts harder the second time?

Tortycat Tue 26-Sep-17 00:28:18

Yes after birth pains were much worse second time round. Apparently gets worse with each one!

I was in mat jeans by 8 weeks with dc2 - my stomach just gave up. Apart from that pregnancies were very similar (had boys both times). Just harder going second time as looking after a toddler too...

mindutopia Tue 26-Sep-17 13:21:56

I would say my symptoms were similar every time, though they lasted a few weeks longer with #2. I felt some movement from 11 weeks, and regularly from 13 weeks. Oddly, I didn't show as early. With my first, I was definitely in maternity clothes from 9 weeks. This time though I was wearing all my usual work trousers and jeans until about 17/18 weeks. Then suddenly I popped and now I feel huge (I'm not, I'm 20 weeks and I look 20 weeks, but I went from nothing to obviously looking pregnant what felt like overnight).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: