Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

20 Week Scan

(5 Posts)
GrapesAreMyJam Thu 21-Sep-17 23:03:48

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow. I'm so incredibly nervous. That's massively outweighing the excited feeling sad

DeadDoorpost Thu 21-Sep-17 23:15:51

Is there anything you're particularly worried about? I was terrified they'd missed a multiple pregnancy which played on my mind until the sonographer put my mind at ease. (I would have been ok with it but it would have been a shock)
The scan is really in depth to make sure everything is ok and they talk you through everything. Definitely feel free to ask questions about it all if you want to help yourself feel better if it helps.

GrapesAreMyJam Fri 22-Sep-17 05:48:53

I think just worried that everything is ok. That's my main worry. I had a missed miscarriage last year so I'm always thinking I'm going to get bad news

Butimstillhungry Fri 22-Sep-17 06:51:33

I was incredibly nervous before both of my 20 week scans. I remember people asking if I was excited about the scans and I just thought they were nuts! I just wanted to get it over with and know my babies were healthy. (Seeing them bounce around on screen was a treat though!)

My point is, I think it's normal to feel nervous. Especially after a miscarriage. But, I'm sure everything will be fine and afterwards you'll feel reassured your baby is healthy.

Good luck!

Broxibear Fri 22-Sep-17 07:01:48

I was the same, especially as at my 12 weeks scan they mentioned the baby was on the small side. All was fine in the end.

Be warned, mine took about 40 minutes and as time was passing I kept thinking they've found something. They are very thorough and at the end the consultant said it was because the baby wasn't being co-operative and they wanted to make sure they got evetything they needed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: