Talk

Advanced search

Best pregnancy test to use.

(15 Posts)
Lillyjay Thu 21-Sep-17 20:34:31

Hey guys. So I'm 5 days late for my period. My partner & I have been pill & protection free for 9 months.

I have tested today but it came back negative. To be honest I used a very cheap test I got off amazon. It came in like a pack of 6 for roughly £2. Should I re try with a clear blue.

I have been showing signs of pregnancy. 5 days late (like mentioned) emotional wreck of my gosh! While driving I started crying at Arianna Grande song one last time due to Manchester & other silly things. I've been getting mild cramps & sore nipples. Peeing a hell of a lot & i feel pressure on my bladder.

Should I go to the doctors to make sure I haven't got a water infection or spend a bit of money on a clear blue?

Thanks

RedPanda25 Thu 21-Sep-17 20:36:49

I would get a first response test, which use pink dye. They seem much more accurate than the blue dye tests. Good luck!

Lillyjay Thu 21-Sep-17 20:39:23

Okay thank you. smile fingers crossed

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 21-Sep-17 20:55:23

I used clear blue digital. Had no issues with it, done 2 to be sure and here I am 26 weeks 😊

ChocolatePancake Thu 21-Sep-17 21:00:27

id definitely go with First Response Early Response! Good luck smile

Lillyjay Fri 22-Sep-17 10:01:32

Congratulations!!!!

Lillyjay Fri 22-Sep-17 10:01:47

Thank you!!

InThisTogether Fri 22-Sep-17 12:32:14

I'd second a First Response. Sometimes Clearblue aren't sensitive enough but a FRER is always right, especially 5 days late.
Good luck op!

InThisTogether Fri 22-Sep-17 12:33:27

Also forgot to say Dr probably won't see you for a pg test (they wouldn't with me) as they said home tests are so accurate these days.

GummyGoddess Fri 22-Sep-17 12:55:20

First response is good, the digital was good for me too and showed pregnant 5 days after conception before my period was even late.

Hannabee123 Fri 22-Sep-17 14:01:43

I just used a cheap morrisons own brand 2 for £3 job. I followed with a clear blue even though I really shouldn't of wasted money on it because I was pregnant I just doubted the cheap tests but either way a positive is a positive

Lillyjay Fri 22-Sep-17 17:03:06

Very true that a test is just a test but sometimes the cheap test doesn't register the pregnancy hormone yet. (I've read) If I'm not pregnant I'm not too sure what is going on. I've been regular since I started my periods. Every 35 days for 4 days. Not stressed or gained or lost any massive amount of weight Etc... 🙄🙄

Lillyjay Fri 22-Sep-17 17:03:32

Won't he do a blood test knowing I'm late without any reason?

Mrstobe90 Fri 22-Sep-17 20:38:29

Clear blue was the best for me. And doctors won't do blood tests anymore unless it's been a while since your period was due (weeks I think)

clarebear1983 Fri 22-Sep-17 20:54:01

At 5 days late even the cheapo's will show a positive if there's one to be shown, they aren't any less effective or sensitive anyway usually just don't carry the big brand names or fancy packaging. I guess there's a slim chance you've a faulty one though.

Doctors won't usually do anything until your an entire cycle late. Unless ofc you think you might have a UTI, then definitely get yourself booked in.

Sorry to say but a lot of the symptoms you've described could just be down to PMS. Our bodies are cruel like that sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now