Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Going in for induction this evening!

(18 Posts)
dippypanda Thu 21-Sep-17 17:46:39

So after a long day of waiting for the go ahead, I'm finally going in for my induction this evening! Need a bit of a handhold as I'm quite nervous for some reason. This is my 2nd DC, first was also induced at 42 weeks.

I'm 40+1 today and was booked for induction due to 3 episodes of reduced movements (despite all being ok once monitored etc). Even though I've been induced before, it was 7 years ago!!

Anyone else having an induction, or near the end or just want to chat to keep my mind off things?! grin

tidgypudge Thu 21-Sep-17 17:49:53

Aww exciting times for you.. hear for an ear of you need distraction! I have had 3 inductions all a little different one 41 +4 , 36, and 31. All healthy little girls now. How you feeling? Xx

Scoleah Thu 21-Sep-17 17:55:19

I had an induction 2 on my DS. Thought my waters went day before my midwife appointment , so told her when she arrived day later and she sent me straight in. Had some tears leaving my then 7 year old daughter, as I went in not knowing what to expect. It was fine and labour started and ended within 4 hours. Good luck with everything, hope it progresses quickly! X flowers

Scoleah Thu 21-Sep-17 17:55:53

* not knowing what to expect induction would be like, not labour lol

dippypanda Thu 21-Sep-17 19:50:29

Thanks for replying! @tidgypudge I'm feeling ok at the moment, I was taken straight into birthing centre when we arrived and then pretty much straight onto the monitor and given the propess.

@Scoleah yes I felt a little sad leaving my DD this morning at school, just wanted to keep giving her hugs. She was really good though.

Let's hope it doesn't take too long for labour to start! Good news that baby is moving a lot though.

Frillyhorseyknickers Thu 21-Sep-17 20:09:27

I'm being induced tomorrow morning. First baby - I have nooooooo idea what to expect!

dippypanda Thu 21-Sep-17 20:41:35

Oooh good luck @Frillyhorseyknickers
I felt fine until I had to ring the ward this morning, then it all felt very real lol. Then to be fair, once I came into hospital it's been ok, been kept busy so I've not had time to overthink things. Its been a couple of hours since they put the propess in and I've started getting cramp like pains already which is good smile

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 21-Sep-17 20:47:10

Hand hold! Here under false pretences as I had my DCs a long time ago and wasn't induced but saw your thread in Active threads and want to wish you all the best.

ChocolatePancake Thu 21-Sep-17 20:48:58

I started the induction process with my youngest at 41wk, they put the thing in my hoohoo to soften the cervix on day1 in the morning, had a nap and woke up having contractions, lost my plug on the toilet, a few hours later i was in full-swing labour.... several arguments with nurses over them not allowing other half there whilst I laboured due to it being night time and on a ward so I was alone, he was allowed in the morning, and at 10pm day2 I finally gave birth!

ChocolatePancake Thu 21-Sep-17 20:49:36

and goooooooood luck! You'll do great!

Frillyhorseyknickers Fri 22-Sep-17 07:37:08

How are you getting on OP? Just about to leave for hospital! X

Penguin27 Fri 22-Sep-17 07:58:37

Oh how exciting, good luck to both of you dippy & frilly tbusmile

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 22-Sep-17 08:28:19

Good luck frilly, hope you are doing okay dippy.

dippypanda Fri 22-Sep-17 22:15:35

Thanks for the well wishes! Haven't been able to update until now. After my last message, things moved along very quickly. My waters broke at 5cm and then 20 minutes later Dc2 was born!! Quite a shock to the system but all was good, slight graze but nothing that's been too painful. Was only allowed gas and air after water broke but managed fine. Midwives were great so can't complain smile

Lozmatoz Fri 22-Sep-17 22:18:01

Congratulations! X

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 22-Sep-17 23:44:45

Just catching up, congratulations! bear Take care.

Wonder how frilly is getting on?!

10storeylovesong Sat 23-Sep-17 07:38:50

Congratulations dippy

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sat 23-Sep-17 14:48:43

Congratulations 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now