Talk

Advanced search

Odd dreams in pregnancy

(6 Posts)
BlueButTrue Thu 21-Sep-17 12:32:02

I'm 32 weeks and have been getting them since the 3rd trimester, but they seem to be getting worse.

I have an incredibly loving family but last night dreamt my dad assaulted me and my mum tried covering up for him. I woke in tears and still feel very upset by it. They're so real (the dreams).

The night previously, I dreamt I was riding naked on a camel. All I remember thinking was "But I've got no bra support!" blush

What is this caused by? I'm not sleeping very well at all and I'm getting a max of 3 hours a night. I'm drained.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 21-Sep-17 12:39:14

In the first trimester nearer the end I was having some crazy dreams. It's quite normal in pregnancy to deeam some weird dreams. I don't know why though.

TiramisuQueenoftheFaeries Thu 21-Sep-17 13:06:03

It's the hormones (sometimes with a dose of stress and processing of big life change thrown in). It's normal and a known phenomenon to have really weird vivid dreams. I promise you, they don't mean anything.

Roxx1516 Thu 21-Sep-17 22:22:15

Il in the same boat iv had really bad dreams previously with my kids and I'm 12 weeks now and Iv started having weird dreams again, I dreamt my little boy fell out his window and I couldn't get to him in my dream and I woke up having a panic attack, I went and checked on the kids straight away! And they were absolutely fine. It really is just a dream, I try not to think about the dreams tho because there not real no matter how bad or good the dream is xx

Roxx1516 Thu 21-Sep-17 22:27:47

I try and relax at least an hour before bed by doing a few relaxation techniques and calm breathing, I like to try to go to bed completely stress free, or il go and light some candles in my bathroom and have a nice warm relaxing bath and just taking it easy. I find this does help a lot I think it might have something to do with hormones and stress levels in my opinion, but just keep trying things out and see if it helps reduce those weird/bad dreams xx

Mumtotwofurbabies Thu 21-Sep-17 22:30:09

I get strange dreams as well. I normally have anxiety dreams before big life events, exams etc...last night I dreamt I was giving birth and all these neurosurgeons were filing in, no-one would tell me why...so vivid and strange. I've also read it's very normal though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now