Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pregsomnia

(41 Posts)
G1988 Thu 21-Sep-17 08:38:31

Anyone else suffering? I'm 25weeks pregnant and wake up religiously at 2am until at least half 4 every night 😴

Any tips to help this pregnant zombie?

bondbaby Thu 21-Sep-17 09:47:18

Same here and I'm only 11 weeks! Alarm set for 6am for work and every day I wake up at 4.30-5 and can't drop off again. Makes no difference what time I go to bed at night. I need that last hour!

f1sher Thu 21-Sep-17 09:54:19

Me too! 3.30am seems to be my wake up time and then I can't go back to sleep until about 6am - it's horrible! I've tried a warm drink and/or a warm bath before bed but doesn't seem to be helping.

I realise it's probably all part of the Sleep Deprivation Training Package, but I'd love to know if there's way of getting my eight hours back.

10storeylovesong Thu 21-Sep-17 10:20:36

And me! 38 weeks here and can't seem to get past 3am. By the time I'm dropping off again, DS is up. I've tried to nap during day but can't even drop off then. I'm like a zombie. Midwife told me on Tues to leave her office and drink a bottle of Lucozade in case I went into labour as I'd have no energy to deal with it.

sleepseeker99 Thu 21-Sep-17 10:23:17

Suffering too! 32 weeks and wake between 2.30-3.30. Sometimes I don't get back to sleep. It's really bringing me down. Mostly I give up by 5 and start reading. Although, last night DH put on a (very dull) audio book which worked a treat ;)

Anyone have any other tips?

cakesandphotos Thu 21-Sep-17 11:54:41

Me too! 19 weeks and last night I woke up at 4 for over an hour. Kind of made my 9pm early night a bit of a joke. Audiobook is a good shout. Mostly I just toss and turn and huff and puff and DH gets cross.

although in my defence, the cat sneezed a slug sized bogey onto my pillow so I had to turn the light on

Loosemoose28 Thu 21-Sep-17 12:03:55

4.30 for me too. I have a wee. Eat a couple of ginger biscuits and manage to sleep again though.

My OH woke up he was half asleep. Basically he said WTAF are you doing eating in bed at this hour!!!

AnUtterIdiot Thu 21-Sep-17 12:05:56

Up between 3 and 4am every morning. 26 weeks. Woken by the bladder of doom. Then am awake just long enough to ensure that I'll be in a really, really, really deep sleep when my alarm goes off at 6.30 or 7. YAY

EveMoneypenny Thu 21-Sep-17 12:46:48

I had this for a while. I was regularly up for the day at 4am, which was horrible. Then I read that being up in the middle of the night unable to get back to sleep can be caused by low blood sugar, as your body won't let you fall asleep in order to protect your brain from sleeping deeply with low blood sugar. So I tried eating a banana when I wake in the night and have problems dropping off again, and it works like a charm for me. I get back to sleep quite quickly, and I think it's altered my sleeping pattern so that my body is no longer expecting to get up at 4am. Definitely recommend it!

f1sher Thu 21-Sep-17 13:01:25

@Evemoneypenny, that is so interesting! I'm definitely going to try that next time I wake up smile

G1988 Thu 21-Sep-17 21:58:14

Thanks EveMoneypenny I might give that a try. Although have seriously gone off bananas since being pregnant so will find something else to snack on. Do you think the sugar level thing could be something to worry about?

10storeylovesong Fri 22-Sep-17 03:28:43

Hello again 3am. It's like an internal alarm clock. Anyone else awake?

Milliemoo37 Fri 22-Sep-17 03:32:15

38+1 here. Woke up and was convinced that there was a large spider running around the bedroom. There wasn't. Now downstairs watching rubbish on YouTube. I just don't feel tired at all. Trying to be quiet as poor DP in bed still. The cat is even shocked I'm awake lol.

Eseld93 Fri 22-Sep-17 09:02:44

Yeah I wake up every couple of hours or lie awake for a couple hours.
I'm 28 weeks + 2 days.

10storeylovesong Fri 22-Sep-17 09:29:35

I go downstairs to try and avoid waking DH too. Gave up at 5 and trundled back up to lie in bed as at least it's comfier and warm.

One of the school mum's has just presented me with clary sage oil on the school run so I'm off to give that a try.

Ninjamilo Fri 22-Sep-17 12:34:45

Same here and only 9 weeks - was up from about half 1 til 4 this morning, hoping it gets better for everyone!

TakeMe2Insanity Fri 22-Sep-17 14:52:24

8 weeks fell asleep at 10 woke at midnight fell asleep at 4 sad

G1988 Sat 23-Sep-17 02:13:27

Here we go again, 2.00am and I'm wide awake 🙄

sureitsgrand Sat 23-Sep-17 02:21:21

Me too, wake at 1am every night till about 3. Dreading morning time, up at 7 with toddler

Sittingintheshade Sat 23-Sep-17 02:53:02

Me too, 14+3 and have a horrible cold. Ds woke me needing his dummy and do snoring away despite being kicked in the back every so often angry

Cupcakey Sat 23-Sep-17 02:54:54

25 weeks too and Me too!!!! Since about 10 weeks Ive struggled!
Tonight I've been for the wee (same time every night!) got back in bed... stared at the ceiling angrily lol nope eyelids having none of it! Plus I've pins and needles from constantly lieing on my left side. Just can't get comfy ! Plus full of a cold so that's not helping! Come on sleep you are so desperately needed!!!! Husband says I've turned into a bat! confused

TeaAndToast85 Sat 23-Sep-17 02:58:25

I feel your pain...currently awake at 3. Reading MN Classics to entertain myself. DH just sent me into the spare room because I'm being 'too loud' and the bright phone is keeping him awake. blush considering going downstairs for some Frosties and Call the Midwife

TeaAndToast85 Sat 23-Sep-17 03:00:18

By the way I'm only just under 9 weeks. Hope this doesn't keep happening all the way through shock

Sittingintheshade Sat 23-Sep-17 03:00:44

I'd love some Frosties !

Cupcakey Sat 23-Sep-17 03:05:58

Oh Frosties ! I've a thing for Frosties! hee hee
What's really frustrating is in the daytime I'm literally falling asleep sat up, I'm exhausted, out of breath just going up the stairs etc... night time rolls round and I get to sleep ok but then ping wide awake! 🙄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now