Talk

Advanced search

Anyone just found out they are pregnant?

(18 Posts)
lampert Wed 20-Sep-17 16:13:29

I had my first bfp yesterday and I am feeling so excited and so so so nervous. I'm desperately worried this will turn out to be a chemical pregnancy or won't stick, and of course I really really want it to work out.

AF isn't even due til tomorrow so it's stupidly early days and I know there's a high chance of it going wrong. I almost wish I hadn't found out so soon!

Anyone else just had exciting news too and want to keep me company?

lottiec1 Wed 20-Sep-17 16:44:58

Congratulations! I've also just found out this past week! Very nervous but excited. There's a 'babies due in may 2018' post that has lots of other ladies with similar dates xx

lampert Wed 20-Sep-17 17:52:16

Ahhhh thank you @lottiec1, I'll head on over there! Congratulations!

McTufty Wed 20-Sep-17 17:53:49

I found our Monday, it's my first BFP and I feel exactly the same as you! There's also a June bus as your due date is probably on cusp of May and June. Good luck!

lampert Wed 20-Sep-17 17:59:47

I just joined @McTufty, thank you!!!

amateurcynic Wed 20-Sep-17 19:38:46

Me! First BFP, found out on Monday. So excited plus also terrified it won't work. Already feeling quite rough too, no idea how I'm going to keep this a secret for the next few weeks...

amateurcynic Wed 20-Sep-17 19:42:32

Won't work out, I meant to write above obviously!

lampert Wed 20-Sep-17 20:08:26

Aww congratulations @amateurcynic!

How far gone are you?

I can't believe how worried I am already!! I don't really have ah symptoms yet, just had a slightly achey lower tummy all week like mild period pains and sore boobs but that's just usual AF stuff!

I'm sorry that you're feeling rough already flowers I have no idea how I will keep this a secret either, I am renowned for loving my wine! I have a friend's birthday and a wedding on the weekend, my 30th in a couple of weeks, a small and intimate family wedding abroad, and a family weekend away for a relative's big birthday! If anyone spies me not drinking they will know immediately so I'm gonna have to convincingly pretend!

How long were you trying for?

Misssmoo Thu 21-Sep-17 19:41:25

Me too 6 weeks tomorrow xx

weaselwomble Fri 22-Sep-17 04:04:32

Just checking in. Found out yesterday. Congrats everyone!
Hi Tufty

lampert Fri 22-Sep-17 06:46:21

Congratulations @weaselwomble and @Misssmoo! Exciting times.

How are you both feeling?

HackneyP Fri 22-Sep-17 07:07:55

Can I join? I found out a couple of days ago. Still in shock and feel terrified even though we have been TTC since May. No real symptoms just very tired and very sore boobs.

Misssmoo Fri 22-Sep-17 07:25:34

@lampert thanks mixed emotions I feel sick and tired but I do t mind after my mmc in April I'm happy to feel like this give a me reassurance ....smile xx

Quli Fri 22-Sep-17 08:13:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Quli Fri 22-Sep-17 12:49:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

weaselwomble Fri 22-Sep-17 15:24:14

Thanks lampert.
I'm feeling OK apart from heart burn and being very hot.
When I told DH almost the first thing he said was "have you not been feeling sick or anything?". No, no I haven't thanks I'm sure I will now though grin

Mayah Fri 22-Sep-17 17:09:30

Hello ladies, thought I'd join the chat! I got my very first BFP last night. Ive been having crazy mood swings lately which is not me at all, and sore boobs which is usual before AF. I took a test thinking to myself I'm being so silly, there's no way I'd be pregnant, It's our first time trying as I just removed my implant last month. I've heard of women not being able to conceive for months even years after, So I've had that worry at the back of my mind. But to my shock, there were 2 lines, I had to take 2 more tests before I could even comprehend what my eyes were telling me!! Think I was in the loo for about half hour shaking from the shock haha. I don't want to announce anything until our first scan, this may be the longest 3 month stretch 😂😂 which is probably why I'm telling you all on here. I really hope we all manage to stick this out.

lampert Fri 22-Sep-17 18:10:35

Welcome @Mayah and congratulations! This was my first month TTC too so we are in a similar position. A big shock, but a lovely one!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now