Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

22 weeks anomoly scan thought I saw a willy?!

(11 Posts)
sureitsgrand Wed 20-Sep-17 09:05:42

Hi, just looking for people who did find out I guess? As I asked not to find out, but could have sworn I spotted a very large willy- is this more likely to be the umbilical cord?! When you were shown in the scan was it obvious?
I didn't want to know, but it's annoying me now. Thanks

stopbeingadramallama Wed 20-Sep-17 09:06:55

It was obvious to me at the 20 weeks scan we were having a boy. I thought his willy was a foot or hand or something, it definitely wasn't.

Peppashorse Wed 20-Sep-17 09:07:47

I have 2 boys and couldn't see anything obvious until the sonographer did a "potty shot" more than likely the cord I would think.

DeadDoorpost Wed 20-Sep-17 09:52:14

I actually didn't see anything as when the sonographer said it was a boy i turned round to my DH and said 'told you' so never saw. I did however see it in the 25 weeks growth scan I had. Couldn't miss the scrotum he was happily displaying it for us 😂😂😂
The umbilical cord is pretty thick and big though and can often be sat between the legs so its not inpossible for it to look like its a boy. Hopefully it won't bother you too much for much longer and I admire anyone who waits to find out as I could never do it 😁😊

laelti Wed 20-Sep-17 10:06:51

Yes... after we said we wanted to find out there was a moment where the lady doing the scan said well there you go...
To be fair I wouldn't have assumed it was!

EEandEmakes3 Wed 20-Sep-17 10:14:51

We had the scrotum shot, it was as if he was presenting. I couldn't stop laughing after that, so much they had to stop the scan so I could compose myself. I'll never forget the image though 😂

moggle Wed 20-Sep-17 10:19:07

I've just had my 20 week scan with our twin boys, it was obvious at 16 weeks and again at 20 weeks that they were boys, but only in the 'potty shot' up through the legs. There's a kind of lump split into three between the legs and the middle bit is bigger. It's not exactly wanging around though...
If you thought you saw it from side on it was probably the cord.

QuilliamCakespeare Wed 20-Sep-17 10:28:31

My youngest DS had a very obvious willy at the 20 week scan. I knew his sex before she announced it!

MissCalamity Wed 20-Sep-17 11:45:33

I had to have another scan after my 20 week one & was convinced baby was another boy.
I told DP what I thought I saw - DD is currently climbing all over me grin guess I was wrong!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 20-Sep-17 11:54:12

I'm having a boy and at the scan the lady pointed out his 'testicles they were very clear

sureitsgrand Wed 20-Sep-17 17:55:09

Hmmm it was from front and side, no potty shot. I'm starting to question now, though at one point the camera passed over anf I thought that's it!!

Not so sure now. Last shot was definitely too long thinking back, was a cord. But I think I saw something before that. Will have to wait and see!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: