Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Did you have a clear out before labour?

(43 Posts)
asongforthelovers Tue 19-Sep-17 18:36:40

Exactly that?

Did you find you had the shits before labour or did you have more frequent normal movements or none at all?

Chemist refused me lactulose, I've not been in ages and I can just picture birthing a πŸ’©rather than a baby.

Anecdoche Tue 19-Sep-17 18:41:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shitwithsugaron Tue 19-Sep-17 18:43:12

Yep I had the squirts tremendously while I was still at home, and I think I was also sick as well...that was just after I took two paracetamol hmm

Moanyoldcow Tue 19-Sep-17 18:43:34

Why did the chemist refuse you Lactulose? I was given it every day whilst I was in hospital for the week prior to having my baby. It's perfectly fine in pregnancy.

Go to another chemist.

ijustwannadance Tue 19-Sep-17 18:46:18

Apple juice helps me and flapjacks.

My body got rid of everything during early labour. I was also vomiting a lot so couldn't even eat or drink which was horrible.

asongforthelovers Tue 19-Sep-17 18:48:44

They said as I'm 38 weeks I would have to get my midwife to prescribe it? I thought it was safe to take throughout. Nothing has helped me so thought I'd try that. Need to wait another week to see her envy

TheLegendOfBeans Tue 19-Sep-17 18:48:59

Was briefly admitted today for that reason. Stomach cramps, day 4 of shits. No evidence to indicate tummy bug so they monitored me. No imminent births here.

asongforthelovers Tue 19-Sep-17 18:50:50

Don't think my body likes to part with anything.

Justmuddlingalong Tue 19-Sep-17 18:53:49

I was induced. They gave me an enema, which unfortunately I couldn't even hold until the midwife had left the cubicle! blush I then birthed numerous poo babies before my DS put in an appearance. Midwifes, I salute you. flowers

asongforthelovers Tue 19-Sep-17 18:58:27

Haha, that made me laugh.

Cupoteap Tue 19-Sep-17 19:36:14

Yes with the first and vomited

LittleCandle Tue 19-Sep-17 19:46:18

Not with the first, but had a poo baby before the actual baby. With the second, I had dreadful squits while also enduring contractions, too. It was a nightmare. I was terrified I would give birth on the toilet, and the midwife was pretty concerned about it, too! Thank goodness that didn't happen!

Alorralorralaughs1 Tue 19-Sep-17 19:54:05

clicked onto this post thinking you were looking for peoples experience on nesting before baby arrive...how wrong was i?πŸ˜‚

i also was a little erm backed up with the first 2 dc which decided to sort itself out during labourblush.

asongforthelovers Tue 19-Sep-17 20:01:01

Sorry 😁

I was the same with 2nd, pretty sure I ended up pushing out more than a baby. I was more focused and worried about needing the toilet it made labour more of a stress.

I hope I manage to go before baby comes cause I don't fancy the stress o worrying about that again 😰

Alorralorralaughs1 Tue 19-Sep-17 20:30:02

its when you "feel" like you're going to πŸ’© and they tell you its just pressure of the baby.....then you actual do πŸ’© and regret listening to the old wives tale of hot curries πŸ˜‚how long left until you're due asongfor? Surely there has to be something the chemist can give you to help a pregnant lady out...as if women dont have enough to deal with during labour without the added fear of shitting themselves.

asongforthelovers Tue 19-Sep-17 20:47:42

Thankfully still 2 weeks to go so obviously can a lot can change, I have issues with my stomach, I have tried everything to get my body going but nothing's helped this pregnancy, nothing affects my bowels, ha.

Don't want to go into labour and deliver a massssive πŸ’©. I never felt so violated after my 2nd baby when I thought midwife rolled me over to check my stitches...... no, she ended up violating my bum with a suppository 😳

willisurvive2under2 Tue 19-Sep-17 20:55:30

Yep - mega toilet session at 9am, baby born at lunchtime. My body seemed to know!

WhyTheHeckMe Tue 19-Sep-17 22:15:02

Yep! Woke up from a nap on my due date at 3pm. Straight to the toilet, had the shits for about 30 mins and then contractions started 30 mins after that. Baby born 14 hours later!

DeadDoorpost Tue 19-Sep-17 22:43:32

Order some sugar free gummy bears, they should help out πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but please please please read the Amazon reviews first just for the laughs

Longdistance Tue 19-Sep-17 22:46:34

Dd1 I had constipation. Didn't go until 5 days after birth with Movicol blush

Dd2 I had the shits all weekend, well Friday, Saturday, and felt rough Sunday which was when dd2 was born...fast.

KarateKitten Tue 19-Sep-17 22:48:09

No. But I always violently vomit in established labour.

highinthesky Tue 19-Sep-17 22:49:29

Why did the chemist refuse you Lactulose?

Because it's not licensed to induce labour (same problem with castor oil: there are just too many DIY midwives out there). Get help but don't put the baby in a potentially dangerous situation.

NewtScamandersNaughtyNiffler Tue 19-Sep-17 22:49:58

I can't remember but know I did poo myself with ds1

As for the lactulose have you got anyone else who can go to the chemist and buy it for you? Or phone your midwife/gp and explain.

asongforthelovers Tue 19-Sep-17 23:01:47

I could have my mum pop into boots tomorrow.

Might just need to see it out and hope that my body goes for it before labour.

Just going to have a look just now, in need of a good giggle 😁

asongforthelovers Tue 19-Sep-17 23:05:09

@DeadDoorpost. Might have to give these a go 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now Β»

Already registered? Log in with: