Talk

Advanced search

Horrible taste in my mouth

(32 Posts)
1987Laura Tue 19-Sep-17 13:50:34

So i am 7+4 and for the last few days i have had a disgusting taste in my mouth. No matter how often i scrub my teeth now matter what i eat its there! Anyone the same? Is this normal?

AmyB1986 Tue 19-Sep-17 13:58:05

I'm the same but I'm 36 weeks! It's like I've eaten hair spray, not sure what the cause is but cleaning my teeth doesn't get rid of it.

Peachy89 Tue 19-Sep-17 14:01:12

I've had this since day dot. Anything sweet leaves the worst taste in my mouth!

1987Laura Tue 19-Sep-17 14:01:32

Yeah that's exactly what it is like. Its disgusting

NerNerNerNerNerNerNerNerBATMAN Tue 19-Sep-17 14:02:52

Totally normal unfortunately.

I tried everything to shift it and now have quite the fisherman's friends habit. There the only thing I've found that's strong enough to cover the taste. The fruit flavour ones aren't nearly as grim as the original ones.

meltingmarshmallows Tue 19-Sep-17 14:05:32

I'm 31w and have this! Kind of like Pepper but just a generally gross taste which doesn't go away

Jellybabie3 Tue 19-Sep-17 14:07:13

Oooh i have eaten my own weight in polos through this pregnancy thanks to this. I am now 39+4. It has to be one of my worse symptoms as its just relentless. You can have a yummy scrummy dinner then bam back to having a crappy taste in mouth. No matter what i eat its the same but like PP its worse with sweet stuff. Sorry OP hope yours goes.

Roomba Tue 19-Sep-17 14:12:46

Urgh, I remember having this with my first pregnancy. I was lucky as mine stopped at about 12/13 weeks. Or at least it reduced a lot so I didn't notice it anywhere near as much. It was a really metallic taste - grim. Didn't have it at all with my second pregnancy though.

Hope it passes soon for you, OP.

Hairgician Tue 19-Sep-17 14:21:38

God yes that taste yuk!! Fucking grim!! Sickness tablets not helping either!

MollyHuaCha Tue 19-Sep-17 14:25:54

It should pass soon. It happens a lot.

actino Tue 19-Sep-17 16:39:22

I suck on skittles constantly for this reason.

KERALA1 Tue 19-Sep-17 16:41:36

It never passed for me had through both pregnancies. Had to have a smint in my mouth at all times I kid you not. Kept them by my bed and in every bag.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 19-Sep-17 16:43:18

It never passed for me. Crystallised ginger was the only thing that helped.

BeyondThePage Tue 19-Sep-17 16:43:34

Yep - had a metallic peppery taste for months. Vile.

RealHousewifeOfLapland Tue 19-Sep-17 16:44:08

This has always been my first sympton of pregnancy even before i have poas. For me it is a metallic taste that normally goes in the 2nd trimester.....

1987Laura Tue 19-Sep-17 17:05:23

Its tainting everything i eat and drink therefore im not eating much

why12345 Tue 19-Sep-17 17:53:21

😱 I remember this feeling well! I had it with both of mine. I just always had a mint in my mouth.

Dustywillow Tue 19-Sep-17 18:21:47

I have it to makes most of my food taste off so not eating a great deal 😩 It's horrible only goes away when eating a mint not found anything else to help

katmarie Tue 19-Sep-17 18:31:10

I had it as well, it was kind of a heavily metallic taste, very unpleasant, and between that and the nausea it really put me off eating. I think all I ate for about three weeks was pots of fruit in syrup. It passed for me at about 14 weeks, although it does still come back occasionally, I'm 23 weeks now and I do get it every now and then still.

Ginslinger Wed 20-Sep-17 08:37:38

I thought the milk was off and my mother knew I was pregnant

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 20-Sep-17 08:56:56

I have this too still and I'm 26 weeks! No matter how many times I brush my teeth the horrible taste cokes back 🙄

lululondon82 Wed 20-Sep-17 09:52:06

Having the exact same thing, plus stomach pain and other gastro symptoms, not nice at all sad Struggling to take my vitamins ( haven't done for a week now) and drinking/eating very little as everything is making me feel sick or giving me bad stomach ache/weird taste.

I heard some people take chewable/gummy vitamins and keep those down, any recommendations? I feel bad not taking my vitamins but can't stomach them at all and feeling so low from all the nausea etc.
I'm only 8 weeks tomorrow and dreading this lasting all the way through sad

Spangles1963 Thu 21-Sep-17 19:36:08

From 4 weeks until 13 weeks I had a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. It made anything I ate taste odd. Not that I was eating much tbh as I suffered horrendous sickness from 4 - 13 weeks. I also went right off coffee,which I normally love,and could only drink tea. As for onions,which I love,the merest whiff was enough to set me off. envy (not envy!).

Fishyfingers Fri 22-Sep-17 10:54:45

could it be gum disease or an infection that you suddenly became more alert to with the pregnancy sharpening your senses? metalic foul taste could be blood from bleeding gums, common in pregnancy.

Fishyfingers Fri 22-Sep-17 10:55:38

I would go for a dental check up and mention the odd taste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now