Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are these test results a chemical pregnancy?

(16 Posts)
Chunkymonkey123 Tue 12-Sep-17 17:15:11

AF was due on Friday (I use ovulation tests) and I tested and got a BFP. I'm now 18dpo and the tests are really light, they have been this way since 14dpo.
In the pictures the three tests are 14,17 and 18dpo. The first response is also 18dpo.

When I was pregnant with DS I had increasing lines that were really dark by now. I'm assuming this isn't going to stick?

Really grateful for any stories positive or negative. If it is a BFN then I would prefer to get my period sooner rather than later rather than being in limbo.

CL1982 Tue 12-Sep-17 17:20:21

I know it's really frustrating but no-one can tell you the answer. Some women just have very slow rising HCG. Personally, I have been there and I'd assume you're pregnant, put the tests down for a little and then if you hedonism bit have any bleeding test again in a few days or a week.

Much love ❤️

Iamstegosaurusthethird Tue 12-Sep-17 17:25:35

I'd say they are all positive and the best thing to do is step away from the tests! Congratulationsflowers

TiramisuQueenoftheFaeries Tue 12-Sep-17 17:55:06

It's very difficult to compare different brand tests - you need the same brand to accurately compare whether they're darkening or not. The 17dpo looks darker than the 14dpo above so i think the only thing anyone can conclude for now is that you're pregnant, and you just have to wait for a bit.

If you're sure it's a chemical, I've had success inducing my period with vigorous sex (and if it is sticky that won't dislodge it). I hope you get an answer soon.

Chunkymonkey123 Tue 12-Sep-17 20:11:55

Thank you for all your comments. I guess it's a waiting game but I'm not getting my hopes up!

thingymaboob Tue 12-Sep-17 21:51:29

I was test obsessed and my tests got lighter over 4 days. Was convinced miscarriage but I'm now 22 weeks.

CL1982 Mon 18-Sep-17 08:48:41

@Chunkymonkey123 How are you?

Chunkymonkey123 Mon 18-Sep-17 15:25:25

Thank you for asking. I am now at 5+2 getting a dark line so assume all is fine but I (stupidly) took a weeks indicator test and it is saying 2-3 rather than 3+.
I know most people would take one test and assume all is fine but we had fertility treatment for DS so this seems too good to be true and I don't want to be disappointed again xx

CL1982 Mon 18-Sep-17 16:39:28

@Chunkymonkey123 I do understand. I had x3 mcs so I know the heartache.

If you can stop testing. Those bloody weeks indicators are horrible. If it's any consolation when I had my last Mc it was still reading 1-2 at your point. Whereabouts are you? Are you near a walk in early pregnancy unit? They may do a blood test for you-they won't see much on a scan but will be able to let you know if your levels are low. Good to hear they are strong lines now....

FourForYouGlenCoco Mon 18-Sep-17 22:10:16

OP my current pregnancy took ages to get a proper line on the cheap tests. I was sure it would be a chemical, but it plodded on...I took a clearblue digi at 4+3 and it said 2-3 weeks, great. Took another a full 10 days later and it still said 2-3 weeks, oh shit... I have a history of mc so assumed would mc again. Waited, waited, still waiting - 9 weeks now and had a scan at the weekend which showed a happy little blob. I know we're not out of the woods yet, but so far things seem to be fine, and my opinion of CB digis has dropped a lot! See if you can find a sympathetic GP/mw to refer you for an early scan, and if not I'd really recommend paying for one - I'm still paranoid but it has helped a lot. You have really good odds of everything being fine flowers

Chunkymonkey123 Tue 19-Sep-17 11:31:25

So sorry to both of you to hear about you MC, I can't imagine how hard that must be.

Congratulations fourfor on your pregnancy!

I'm going to pay for an early scan at 7 weeks (if I get there), I had one last time with DS and it was so reassuring. 2 weeks to go!

Ekphrasis Tue 19-Sep-17 13:27:40

Your second tests are no where near as sensitive as the first one, so pointless comparing. Congratulations!

Chunkymonkey123 Sat 07-Oct-17 18:13:00

For anyone who this might help in Tesco future this wasn't a chemical pregnancy but I've just had a early scan at 8+1 and it's a blighted ovum. Doing some research that accounts for the low rising HCG. Need to see if I miscarry naturally in the next week or so now.

Chunkymonkey123 Sat 07-Oct-17 18:14:59

Not in Tesco! In the future

bettydraper31 Sat 07-Oct-17 18:43:12

Sorry to hear this flowers xxx

MsP0b Mon 09-Oct-17 17:28:58

So sorry to hear that.
Good luck in the future xxxxxxc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now