Talk

Advanced search

Spd/PGP sufferers , does this sound familiar?

(9 Posts)
Mortigua Thu 07-Sep-17 21:57:05

I'm 22 weeks and been told I had PGP a few weeks back, given some advice and am having a physio session next week for it.
I'd been feeling ok with it and even feeling a bit like the referral to physio was OTT but today I had a nap and woke up with loads of pain. It hurts to walk and it's mainly lower back on both sides and sort of under the bump area too. Before it was more a clicking sensation and pain in my thighs and groin, this is more back and lower abdomen. Still really sore now I'm lying down but it does seem worse when I move which is reassuring I think in that it's more likely to be PGP related? Does it sound like PGP for those who have it or have had it before?

Mortigua Thu 21-Sep-17 21:23:54

Bumping this as I'm similar to this today with the fun addition of a horrible cold and also aching everywhere but some sharp pains in my left side groin area. My back is a horrible dull ache and generally feel rough with this cold. Does it sound normal for Pgp to be this achy pain ?

asongforthelovers Thu 21-Sep-17 22:59:16

Yeah, sounds exactly how I'm suffering!! I am in agony, moving, sitting, walking, driving, getting in the bath, getting in and out of bed, putting socks, trousers on etc ate all a nightmare.

I am always clicking and cracking, some movements are extremely painful.

I'd go to the physio, I ended up at maternity in tears, was supposedly referred but have never heard anything. I did get sent to reflexology 2 weeks ago.

Hope you feel better op

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 21-Sep-17 23:09:33

Sympathies OP.thanks I'm 34 weeks pgs and am constantly achey or in absolute, nauseating agony. It must be thoroughly miserable to have a cold on top of it. Things that have helped me are rolling a ball over my hips and groin and my dream genie pillow. I have been attending physio but the relief is temporary and I was prescribed codydramol (sp).

Have you been given any advice or medication?

Benby Thu 21-Sep-17 23:27:03

Ladies put a duvet on your mattress under your fitted sheet it makes a huge difference when sleeping

Mortigua Fri 22-Sep-17 08:16:25

Thanks all and sorry there are so many of us suffering. I ache everywhere today and it's hard to know what's PGP and what's this horrible cold and the sleeping positions it's forcing me into.
I saw physio and they have given me crutches and a support belt but neither really solve it. Oh also exercises.
I am only 24 weeks so the physio said it may get worse!
Feeling very sorry for myself this morning after a night of no sleep as me and dd are both ill.

Mortigua Fri 22-Sep-17 08:17:40

Good tip on the duvet. In with dd at the moment but may try when I get back in my own bed. The dream geni is a bit of a life saver I'm using it to prop myself up too .

HamNJam Fri 22-Sep-17 08:21:06

If you're sleeping on your side, use a pillow between your knees to prop up the top leg and support the weight. It's still the only way I can sleep now 15 years after having my twins induced SPD For all the SPD sufferers flowers

Mortigua Fri 22-Sep-17 09:59:09

Thanks HamnJam I've been using my dream genie to prop my thigh up and you're right it makes a huge difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now