Talk

Advanced search

Confusing pregnancy tests

(16 Posts)
Donna5144 Tue 22-Aug-17 09:09:06

Hi I posted a week ago about my positive with Tesco cheap tests. I got a positive in the evening but a negative in the morning and again the same day positive about 6pm and negative around 7am.
I went to the doctors and his test also said negative he said wait one week and try another test.
I have bought 2 more tests one positive around 7pm and the other negative (or very faint positive or evap) so I'm going with the negative on the morning test!
I don't know how my tests can all be so confusing has anyone else had this and any advice? I know the logical thing to do is wait and see but I'm sending myself crazy here! Any info would help ! Thank you smile

Donna5144 Tue 22-Aug-17 09:10:45

Also I don't have regular periods since having my coil out in April they don't come regular so no idea when that's due smile

emvy Tue 22-Aug-17 09:35:58

What tests are you using? Have you tried a FRER? I know it's hard but the best thing to do is wait. It's most probably that in the morning, when your wee is the strongest, you're getting a positive as the test is able to pick up the hormones easier. Then in the evening, when it's dilute, the test isn't picking up the levels as easily. Fingers crossed you're able to pick it up clearly in a few days x

Donna5144 Tue 22-Aug-17 13:28:44

I used first response 2nd time Tesco 1st time and yes even doctor is stumped all I can do is wait I suppose xx

Holdbacktheriver Tue 22-Aug-17 14:24:32

Are you getting up in the night to wee so morning test isn't technically fmu? Just wondering if you are holding your wee longer for the evening test?

There must be hcg as two different brands of test have picked it up. Did the GP send your sample to the lab to be tested?

LeaderoftheAteam Tue 22-Aug-17 14:27:51

Tesco tests are rubbish. I had Evaps (and many others have also) on Tesco, blood test confirmed negative. Hope you get your answers soon.

Donna5144 Tue 22-Aug-17 15:42:24

Hi guys gp won't do anything he's booked my for blood test next month but until then i will be going crazy he said to just wait and I suppose that's all I can do xx

Holdbacktheriver Tue 22-Aug-17 15:51:16

How late is af?

I'm a one test kind of girl so I'd have taken that first positive and acted accordingly. False positives are quite rare, false negatives however...

Why is he waiting a month to run bloods?

Donna5144 Tue 22-Aug-17 16:41:39

Doctor said wait 1 week which is today and to book blood test and next available one is next month.. I haven't had regular periods since I had my coil out so not sure on when is due which is also annoying xx

crazygirluk Tue 22-Aug-17 19:57:05

Look up 'hook effect' and maybe try diluting the FMU. It's never happened to me but I've read about it on other pregnancy forums.

Donna5144 Tue 22-Aug-17 20:17:27

I will look it up now thank you xx

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 22-Aug-17 21:06:19

Try clear blue digital x

Donna5144 Tue 22-Aug-17 21:21:43

I will do thank you I just want to wait a little as may be too early yet I think I've done it all early xx

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 22-Aug-17 21:36:52

The digital one will tell you how many weeks you are if that's helps. Good luck x

Donna5144 Tue 22-Aug-17 21:53:25

Yes I did CB digital with my previous pregnancy and did pick up I was 2-3 weeks with my little boy smile
He's not 5! And they were very good I might pick one up and try
Thank you xx

Donna5144 Tue 22-Aug-17 21:53:53

Now 5*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now