Talk

Advanced search

Newly pregnant and so anxious

(14 Posts)
katiegd Mon 21-Aug-17 12:58:33

Hi all, I think I just need a bit of reassurance.

Found out on Saturday at about 11dpo that I'm pregnant, which feels amazing as we've been trying for quite a long time. We've allowed ourselves to talk about what it might mean, telling our families etc.

I have now done a test every day since and I think the lines are getting a tiny bit darker every day, but still relatively faint (attached pic is today). Period due sometime around tomorrow or the next day.

I know that a line is a line and it means I'm pregnant but I'm just so anxious about it being a chemical. When I really think about it I don't think I have any reason to think that other than paranoia!

Can someone help me feel less crazy by just reassuring me that it's normal to have a faint line at 13dpo and that being horribly anxious about it is also very normal? Thank you smile

Frazzled2207 Mon 21-Aug-17 13:31:13

Ok I can see a line there so congratulations. I know it's hard but if you do them every 2 days rather than 1 you should see a more definite darkening.

SomehowSomewhere1 Mon 21-Aug-17 13:33:03

Took a week or more for mine to go dark, currently 13 wks pregnant.

Teamkhaleesi Mon 21-Aug-17 13:50:44

Very normal! Took a week after my missed period for the line to become solid so try not to worry and try to hold off testing as much as possible (although I know that's hard - I took one every day for the first two weeks - crazy and expensive).

Congratulations by the way!

katiegd Mon 21-Aug-17 14:46:47

Thanks all, feeling very reassured by your responses! So hard not to overthink (and over-test grin). Can now at least focus on work a bit more.

Poppy012 Mon 21-Aug-17 16:49:41

Hi Hun, I think I commented on your post Saturday when I found out I was pregnant at 11days po. I have been doing the same cheap tests daily and they haven't been much darker either, but got a clear blue digital today and got this! I'd try one, it's nice to see it like that! All the best smile

Poppy012 Mon 21-Aug-17 16:50:16

13 days po today with that result x

katiegd Mon 21-Aug-17 17:01:22

Hey Poppy, yes I was wondering how you were getting on. How are you feeling? I actually bought one of those digital tests today and think I will do it tomorrow morning (then going to step away from the tests, promise!!).

Celticlassie Mon 21-Aug-17 17:01:54

Firstly, congratulations! And try not to obsess. I know that's easier said than done but I never allowed myself to enjoy my pregnancy as I spent the whole time waiting for something to go wrong, and now I have a healthy 3 month old baby.
Taking repeated tests isn't going to stop anything from going wrong, so try to resist.

december212 Mon 21-Aug-17 17:07:43

I had a negative test at 13dpo then positive at 15dpo. The tests kept getting darker and used a clear blue to confirm, though don't rely on the weeks going up on those. My 6 month old is sitting next to me now 😀 congratulations!

Poppy012 Mon 21-Aug-17 17:10:34

Doing well thanks no symptoms have really started yet apart from tender beasts and cramping pains, finally sunk in now and am over the moon! How are you doing? Oh great let me know how you get on with it tomorrow grin

katiegd Mon 21-Aug-17 18:32:07

Thanks all smile - you are definitely reassuring me. I'll do the clear blue digital tomorrow just so I have it in words and then I'll stop. I know there's nothing I can do if it does go wrong so I just need to relax.

Celticlassie what you said about worrying preventing you from enjoying pregnancy has struck a chord. I want to enjoy it!

Poppy I am doing ok apart from all the worrying. Boobs getting more and more sore which is sort of putting my mind at rest. Was sat at my desk today poking them - probably looked like a right weirdo grin.

peachgreen Mon 21-Aug-17 21:10:21

Here's my 13DPO - now 18 weeks! grin The second pic is 14DPO - one day can make a big difference. Congratulations OP!

katiegd Tue 22-Aug-17 07:48:33

Done a digital which has come back as pregnant 2-3 weeks! I'm now stepping away from the tests. Thanks all for your reassurance and wise words.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now