Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

To tell or not to tell, that is the question

(8 Posts)
FPAN Thu 17-Aug-17 08:02:54

So I literally just found out this week that I am expecting my second baby (mega excited), but this weekend I am going on a girly weekend with my 3 best friends. I'm not the sort to normally pass up on a wine and we have been planning this for ages and have bought expensive champagne etc. I am a terrible liar and just don't know whether to try and brazen out a lie or to just tell them. What are your thoughts?

TractorTedTed Thu 17-Aug-17 08:03:30

I'd tell them.

ChilliMum Thu 17-Aug-17 08:07:59

I would just tell them (and then ask them to pretend they don't know and just ignore the not drinking etc) and this is from someone who is extremely secretive (paranoid) in early pregnancy. It doesn't really matter what excuse you give they are your best friends, they know you well, they will know you are pregnant.
Enjoy your weekend.

Changerofname987654321 Thu 17-Aug-17 08:10:02

As someone who has had an early miscarriage I say tell them. If you did have a miscarriage you would want their support anyway.

Gingernut81 Thu 17-Aug-17 09:18:12

We've told loads of people about current pregnancy, and I'm only 9.5 weeks, as there've been a lot of social occasions recently and being in 'antibiotics' for all of them would be somewhat suspicious 😂

FPAN Thu 17-Aug-17 09:28:54

You are all so right ladies! I won't be able to lie to them and will have to tell them soon anyway. Like you said there are only so many excuses! X

WineAndTiramisu Thu 17-Aug-17 14:36:44

Definitely only so many excuses, they'd know immediately anyway!

milkyjo Thu 17-Aug-17 17:35:10

This happened to me, decided to drive on a night out (very unlikely usually) and as soon as I got to my friends house they all sat there quiet and one said 'so when are you due?'. It was impossible, especially with really close friends who know you so well! I miscarried a month later and they were the only ones who knew (my parents still don't know) and were able to offer support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now