Talk

Advanced search

MC or still Pregnant?

(10 Posts)
ukmum84 Sun 30-Jul-17 10:25:31

I'm very confused at the min, suffered MC July last year. Had positive clear blue test (1-2 wks - 24/6/17) waited and took another clear blue (3+ 17/7/17) I started bleeding pink/brown 2 weeks ago today, so put in urine sample (Mon - 17/7/17) to check with doc for infection. (my MC last year started with same but with infection) Waited a week and came back clear. The doc sent me for a scan Tues 25/7/17 - confirmed heartbeat and at 6 weeks gestation. But Wednesday night bled heavy - I noticed I had passed a very small (10p size approx) sac that looked under developed (like looking at a sac of fluid with just a clear egg in it) for the gestation I was confirmed at. Went to A&E was almost kept in but upon examination was told my womb/cervix was closed? and sent home. I have been told I'm to go for another scan Tues 1/8/17 to see what's going on. So I'm now left with no answers and just looking for any advice or if anyone has been thru something like this was it a good or bad outcome. Could I still be pregnant with the baby they detected a heartbeat for? Any advice welcome

CL1982 Sun 30-Jul-17 16:11:12

I'm so sorry-I didn't want to read and run. I'm not sure. Hopefully if your cervix is closed all is well. It could be anything from freak bleeding to a twin loss (although you were canned). I really hope all is still well when you go back.

Tessa84 Sun 30-Jul-17 16:29:38

So sorry, no advice either. Didn't want to read and run either. Sending you lots of strength and I hope that all will be OK! Xxx

ukmum84 Wed 18-Oct-17 14:36:55

Update** This pregnancy turned into my second loss, another miscarriage. Had a tough time dealing with it and very upsetting.
Trying to think positive and look to the future, maybe 1 day I will have my rainbow baby. Thank you for your support

Anatidae Wed 18-Oct-17 14:38:56

Very sorry to hear that. Please rest and take care of yourself, it’s so upsetting when it happens. 💐

CL1982 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:43:00

I'm so sorry - We have had 3 and they never get any easier sad Please do go and see your GP about this and ask for a referral. xx

ukmum84 Wed 18-Oct-17 23:54:49

Thank you for your kind words, I had spoke to the midwife about having some sort of investigation done but she said unfortunately they wouldn't do anything until I had a 3rd sad Although I would love to know what went wrong and how to prevent it happening again I'm really wary of going through another, been hard enough as it is. They did say I could however ask my GP to be placed on Aspirin ? if I do conceive again - something about thinning the blood xx

CL1982 Thu 19-Oct-17 08:38:53

Yes I was on it as soon as I was pregnant. I think it did help....

tigerdog Thu 19-Oct-17 08:44:38

I'm so sorry for your losses.

I took aspirin off my own back after my third mc and I would say that it is worth trying. It had a positive outcome for me. You can pick up the 75mg low dose tablets from most chemists for pennies. My doctor said that won't harm, and it might help so they didn't mind me doing it. You don't need your GP to put you on it (in fact it GPs shouldn't be prescribing medicines you can buy over the counter as it costs the NHS a lot more than the price of the drug). I took it all the way through my cycle but others start at bfp. Good luck.

ukmum84 Fri 20-Oct-17 00:15:28

Thank you, I will certainly try the Aspirin with my next pregnancy whenever that may be (hopefully in the not too far away future smile ). It's been lovely to see these comments of support. Thank you all again x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: