Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 months and massive! Help!

(7 Posts)
craftygirl86 Mon 17-Jul-17 22:07:49

Hi! So I'm just over 5 months pregnant and look like I'm 7/8 months. My stomach is so swollen and uncomfortable that simple daily tasks are becoming a battle.
I've been constipated most of the pregnancy and am suffering from bad pelvic pain which has brought on the pregnancy waddle a little too early confused I also have a fibroid the size of an orange attached to my uterus which is harmless but causing more discomfort.

So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone can relate to this? Any tips on how to keep motivated and energised? I have 3.5 months still to go shock and I feel like I'm going to be massive.. help!!

BentleyBelly Mon 17-Jul-17 22:21:56

I can empathize. I'm 28 weeks today and huge. I was massive for my first too despite her only weighing 6lb 7oz, put on nearly 4 stone that time. Only a stone up at the mo but I'm really slowing down and my appetite is increasing! Counting down now rather than up...can't wait to finish work.

Dede124 Mon 17-Jul-17 22:24:20

I feel your pain I'm 6 months and massive! I'm finding it really difficult already and still 3 months to go. I think a lot of it is water and swelling! People keep commenting on how big I am and look surprised when I say I'm only 6 months this is my first baby too. Is this your first? I think it's more common to show earlier after your first x

Dede124 Mon 17-Jul-17 22:27:12

The midwife is also measuring my bump again tomorrow at 28 week appointment to compare from when she measured 2 weeks ago as she said it's growing a lot!... if it's gone over the scale she's sending me for a scan

craftygirl86 Mon 17-Jul-17 23:41:28

This is my second pregnancy, my first with DS was a breeze compared. I was very neat and had more energy at this stage. I have heard that you tend to be bigger on your second.
I was at the docs today because I've been up the past couple of nights sitting on the loo blush the right side of my bump was swollen which I thought was my bowels so thought I'd get it checked out. She couldn't feel much at the time so just prescribed laxatives to help with the constipation.
I broke down in tears with her because I started talking about my lack of interest in doing anything atm. I'm self employed and work from home with my DH and our DS3 is becoming a handful, so it's very difficult to keep on top of everything when I'm in pain and discomfort and have no energy to move very far. She's arranged for me to see the midwife for a chat.
I'm glad I'm not the only one finding it difficult so early on.

BentleyBelly Tue 18-Jul-17 07:49:57

Oh bless you...i completely understand. I wake up in the morning and go through my essential to do list, working out the things that can wait. I desperately need to clean the bathroom and poo pick the horses field today, with Dd in tow. I know I'll be knackered by lunch. We've friends over for a play date this afternoon, they can entertain her! I'm struggling with clothes too, nothing fits and everything is too tight under my bump from last time. I need to get some dresses but the prospect of shopping....eugh sad

craftygirl86 Tue 18-Jul-17 12:22:53

I tend to have a sprig of energy between meals in the morning and afternoon, then come evening I'm done!
We have DS during the day since last week as the childminder is on holiday. So that's maybe why my stress levels have risen confused

Shopping is a nightmare! I'm knackered by the time I reach the shops.. try ASOS, I downloaded the app, their great for maternity wear.
We have a wedding on Thurs which I was dreading shopping for so ordered a dress on there, I wasn't very hopeful because I'm heavy chested and find it hard to get clothes to fit. But when it arrived it fit perfect smile I was so relieved!

Good luck today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now