Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant but negative test results? Anyone had this?

(19 Posts)
Flossboss Mon 17-Jul-17 09:33:57

Hi, i'm now 6 days late for my period and taken 3 tests all negative and meant to be starting ivf cycle this month, so I'm in total limbo. I've had weird menstrual cramps and sore breasts but nothing happening for 2 weeks. Am I being totally mad thinking that there is a chance I could be pregnant?

silkybear Mon 17-Jul-17 09:37:33

Are you sure your period due dates are correct? Sorry to say if you are 6 days late for your period you should be seeing a very clear positive by now. Good luck with the ivf hope you get good news soon x

Puffpaw Mon 17-Jul-17 09:44:14

I had this, massively sore boobs, cramping and missed two periods, never had anything like it. Always regular and always ovulate. I was taking seven seas pregnancy vits and when I stopped everything went back to normal. I was not pregnant. The dr thought it was all in my mind but tbh at that point I wasn't even that bothered about being pregnant. You are prob not pregnant, but I'll keep fx for you anyway.

firsttime17 Mon 17-Jul-17 09:46:22

I had this!! For some reason my positive didn't show until I was 10 days late but I had all the signs... good luck x

Flossboss Mon 17-Jul-17 09:56:33

100%, regular as clockwork. Bit baffling

Puffpaw Mon 17-Jul-17 11:15:35

I had this, massively sore boobs, cramping and missed two periods, never had anything like it. Always regular and always ovulate. I was taking seven seas pregnancy vits and when I stopped everything went back to normal. I was not pregnant. The dr thought it was all in my mind but tbh at that point I wasn't even that bothered about being pregnant. You are prob not pregnant, but I'll keep fx for you anyway.

Puffpaw Mon 17-Jul-17 11:16:07

Sorry i don't know why that posted again!

Amd724 Mon 17-Jul-17 11:22:14

I was regular, every four weeks exactly until one month I was a week overdue, but negative tests.

My period started exactly a week late, and I had five week cycles for months after. My body just randomly decided to have five week cycles. I immediately conceived on the first month of trying, by plotting my ovulation using tests. I was ovulating three weeks after the start of my period, instead of two like normal people. This can happen, if you don't get your period in a few days, perhaps see a GP.

Flossboss Mon 17-Jul-17 11:38:02

@puffpaw please don't worry! Everybody's input is gratefully received! Thank you x

Silversun83 Mon 17-Jul-17 12:10:55

@Flossboss.. Do you definitely know you ovulated when you think you did? Don't forget the body can gear up to ovulate and give all the right signs but not ovulate until later or not at all. It is normal for a woman to have one or two anovulatory cycles a year. I think it is pretty rare for tests to be negative if you are pregnant unfortunately (I think there's about a 1% chance).

It must be really frustrating happening now! Fingers crossed AF shows up soon.

Peanutbuttercheese Mon 17-Jul-17 12:18:01

Yes with both pregnancies but I think it's pretty unusual.

Flossboss Mon 17-Jul-17 12:29:13

@silversun83 I think so but had no idea that it could give the signs and that you actually ovulate later on than indicated. I have been regular to the day and then all set to start IVF last week and now this happens! The odds of me falling pregnant naturally are low, but not impossible. I need to just sit tight and wait for AF. And steady this emotional roller coaster. Thank you so much for input.x

glastogal Mon 17-Jul-17 15:38:38

Hey OP - I had periods as regular as clockwork right up until I was told I would be starting IVF. The period that was to signal the start of my IVF cycle was 2 weeks late (I assume stress delayed my ovulation that month)

I hope it turns out you are pregnant and don't have to go through IVF but it IS possible you are having a similar reaction to stress as I did!

Flossboss Mon 17-Jul-17 16:04:48

Thank you @Glastogal I think I was hoping i'd be pregnant in order not to go through IVF as I'm not looking forward to it. But I've done everything I can to be super calm and 'chilled' but clearly not worked! I'll just have to be patient and wait for AF to turn up. Thank you btw, every bit of info is helping my sanity today.x

mazarineblue Mon 17-Jul-17 16:18:12

I had similar negative tests for 3/4 weeks after my period was due plus on and off period type bleeding for the first 20 weeks- the result is currently sitting in front of me playing on his PS4 😂- I appreciate this may be quite unusual but it does happen!

Flossboss Tue 18-Jul-17 11:53:09

@mazarineblue, thats an amazing story!

So AF came this morning, it must have been stress. All set to start IVF process tomorrow. Not sure if people re-read feeds but thank you for comments, it really does help! x

glastogal Tue 18-Jul-17 12:31:48

I'm sorry AF came but wish you lots of luck for your upcoming IVF cycle @Flossboss flowers

Puffpaw Tue 18-Jul-17 13:47:57

Sorry to hear af came, good luck with the ivf x

sizeofalentil Tue 18-Jul-17 19:26:51

My period was about 10 days late before I got a BFP. Despite testing every day and just 'knowing' I was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now