Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Awful headache and nosebleed at 16 weeks

(10 Posts)
Lenska999 Thu 13-Jul-17 06:48:41

I have been floored all day yesterday, slept most of the day and night, with the most horrendous headache. It's showing no signs of easing and ive felt like my sinuses were clogged up, tried to clear with a big blow (sorry tmi) and then I've had a nosebleed.

I'm taking paracetamol and using these cooling strips on my forehead and I'm planning on ringing my midwife this morning to be on the safe side.

I think it's probably fairly normal what with hormones and I've been under a fair bit of stress (my mum died 3 weeks ago) but does anyone have any other ideas for remedies to help me through. I'm cute feeling very sorry for myself sad

Lenska999 Thu 13-Jul-17 06:50:01

Typo meant to say currently not cute ha!

Mandraki Thu 13-Jul-17 07:03:19

Headaches are normal around 16 weeks if I remember right, something to do with the hormones. I definitely got them. No wonder you are having headaches though given the circumstances, sorry about your mum flowers

Lenska999 Thu 13-Jul-17 07:08:59

As I thought Mandraki just hope it passes soon!

Neverknowing Thu 13-Jul-17 07:47:16

Maybe give your midwife unit a call just to make sure?? I'm certain it's nothing to worry about but it's better than worrying and they don't mind at all!!

TheBakeryQueen Thu 13-Jul-17 07:51:43

So sorry for your sad news 💐

Please get an appointment at the gp today, it might just be hormones and nothing to worry about but always best to be on the safe side.

Can high blood pressure cause headaches and nosebleeds? I would get that checked for peace of mind.

Good luck!

Ginger782 Thu 13-Jul-17 07:52:47

I'd also be getting my BP checked just to rule it out. flowers

Lenska999 Thu 13-Jul-17 07:59:30

Thanks so much for your replies, so a BP check seems to be the way to go. I am sure it will be fine but agree it better to be on the safe side

Sunshinegirl82 Thu 13-Jul-17 09:31:14

Definitely get checked out but in the meantime try caffeine, a coke or something. Caffeine does something to the blood vessels and can sometimes help. I had hideous headaches pretty much weekly until 20 weeks when they eased off.

Don123 Thu 13-Jul-17 09:50:11

Hi I had same problem around 16 weeks couldn't get up or walk around
the headaches got so bad never had them. With my previous pregnancys
doctor prescribed me low dose of co codamol and I cut every type of drink out and have stayed only on water and I haven't had one since I'm now 33 weeks .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now