Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shaky juddery baby movements

(13 Posts)
motherchuckinhen16 Wed 12-Jul-17 20:45:24

Hi
I have felt my baby making shaky juddery movement s several times now. It makes me think that she's having a fit or something in there. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? She's generally very active, I'm 34 weeks today.
TIA

thefutureisfemale Wed 12-Jul-17 20:46:15

could it be hiccups? please call the pregnancy unit asap as any change in movement must be checked.

gamerchick Wed 12-Jul-17 20:46:23

Hiccups

ThomasRichard Wed 12-Jul-17 20:50:16

It might be hiccups but go and get checked out to make sure.

rascallyrascal Wed 12-Jul-17 20:52:46

Probably hiccups but get yourself checked out.

furryelephant Wed 12-Jul-17 20:58:05

I googled many times whether babies can have seizures in utero as I had similar blush all was fine, but yes speak to your midwife as I'm sure she'll be able to put your mind at rest smile

motherchuckinhen16 Wed 12-Jul-17 21:05:00

It feels completely different to the regular gentle movement caused by hiccups. It's like a short burst of very rapid movement that's over as quickly as it starts. I've noticed this kind of movement several times over several weeks.
Furry - so glad everything was fine for you. I will speak to a midwife about it.

whattheheckinheck Wed 12-Jul-17 21:06:26

If you are concerned please ring the advice line that is usually written on the front of your notes. You won't be wasting anyone's time.

I'm 38w and my baby does the same thing sometimes. Feels very different to hiccups. It really freaked me out the first time so I phoned the advice line listed on my maternity notes and went in to get checked out and everything was fine! Baby didn't do it again while I was being monitored but he did do it at my most recent midwife appointment when she was checking his position and she reassured me it was fine, that it was just him wriggling about in there or possibly being startled by her poking and prodding.

But please get checked out if you are worried!

DueOct30th Wed 12-Jul-17 21:18:13

Mines doing this I assumed it was hiccups (35 weeks)

EyeDrops Wed 12-Jul-17 21:25:14

I had this a few times - almost like they're shivering for a second or two? I didn't get it checked as movements always went back to normal afterwards, but definitely do if you're concerned!

Nousername2015 Wed 12-Jul-17 21:34:45

This happened to me several times when I was pregnant with my son. I went in and was monitored. All was fine, I never got to the bottom of what it was! Don't take my word for it though that it's nothing, best to get checked over yourself.

furryelephant Wed 12-Jul-17 21:44:32

DD is 7 months now and will still fling herself about just as much grin I never actually figured out what the cause was but I put it down to sudden, quick movements that was just sort of amplified by the fluid around the baby smileI had thought sneezes but I don't know if they can do that in there! Hope you get some reassurance soon smile

IHeartKingThistle Wed 12-Jul-17 21:48:43

Ds had a 'juddery' foot towards the end of pregnancy - I think he was just getting squished in there and that foot was up against my ribs. After he was born that leg would still occasionally 'judder' for the first week or so, until he unscrunched a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now