Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Coping with early days post miscarriage

(3 Posts)
Lalalax3 Mon 10-Jul-17 16:31:58

Just got my BFP and am nervous. I had a miscarriage in April at 11 weeks and am v v worried about going through that again. Just wondering if any of you ladies here have been through similar, and how you coped. What did you say to yourself, or do, to get through?

mysecret321 Tue 11-Jul-17 01:59:50

No idea tbh- I had a mmc at almost 10w last year followed by a 'natural' miscarriage at 8w three months later. When I fell pregnant in March this year I was shocked and then was told by a private gyneo that I wasn't really pregnant so a few anxious weeks...i had a scan at 6w6d and all was well and the next few weeks until 12w scan (which turned out to be 13w1d) were a blur...i Have quite a busy job so that kept me busy throughout the day as well as my 5yo who kept me occupied at all other times...IT is a very difficult time when you wait to hit 12w so be kind to yourself and ask others for help if needed...dont struggle on your own talk as much as you can to someone you can trust...good luck hope it all goes well for you x

PlatinumDollFace Tue 11-Jul-17 08:24:02

I have no idea either tbh but didn't want to read and run. I had a MC at 8 weeks in Feb last year and got my BFP in December. I was a nervous wreck and got a scan at 8 weeks and luckily everything was progressing fine. I tried not to think about it and I only told my DP and both sets of parents. at 10 weeks, the anxiety kicked back in and I was analysing everything - every twinge and i was constantly running to the toilet to check for blood and luckily my EPU offered me another scan for reassurance.

Again, everything was ok and I took each day as it came and i'm now 32+3 but I still worry every day and talking to others has helped me massively.

Be kind to yourself and good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now