Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could I be pregnant?

(5 Posts)
QuickCloseTheCurtains Mon 10-Jul-17 16:22:22

Before I start I would like to apologise if I sound like a complete dimwit.
My periods are really, really light. As in, I could get away without wearing a tampon light. (I don't obviously!)
I've previously been to the doctors because of it and he has said it's down to the pill I take.
In April/May, I missed a few pills due to being ill (either forgot to take them or threw them up).
I'd started getting symptoms shortly after my almost non existent period. Sore boobs, nausea, feeling faint, slight cramps, fatigue etc. I took a test and it came back negative.
I've pretty much put it to the back of my mind but two light periods later, the symptoms haven't gone. I'm no longer feeling nauseous after I eat or drink but it does rear its head around 2-6 o'clock. I've been trying to lose weight (weightwatchers) but I've only been losing about a pound a week at most! My belly is actually getting larger and has increased by 1 1/2 inches over the past 3 months.
It's all leading me to think that it is possible but the negative test and periods obviously say other wise.
I'm due for a pill check up soon and want to bring it up but I feel like an absolute wally.
Please help! Has anyone else continued to have light periods/spotting in their early stages?
Thanks in advance smile

Lj8893 Mon 10-Jul-17 16:24:06

Did you take any other tests or just the one?

I would go and see your gp.

QuickCloseTheCurtains Mon 10-Jul-17 16:25:34

I took two. One when I started getting symptoms and the other a few days later. Both Negative

Lj8893 Mon 10-Jul-17 16:39:54

You may have been pregnant but too early to show on a test then. Maybe take another one?

MyPanacea Mon 10-Jul-17 16:56:46

could be. i only get periods a few times a year and had been trying to get pregnant, my tell-tale symptom was sore boobs.
take test first thing in the morning.
i took home tests in the morning, showed positive. went to gp in afternoon, showed negative, went back in morning, showed positive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now