Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant in France.

(2 Posts)
mwncigirl Fri 07-Jul-17 13:04:24

So......
I'm pregnant. I have two boys who I home school. We live in a field in rural France. I'm 42 and panicking a bit. I can't speak french, don't have french health care cover. Because of this the doctor says I have to travel to the hospital (2 hour round trip with my boys) for appointments as the local lot won't take the European health card. I will have to sort out all the appointments myself. I don't feel confident with my to even ring up for an appointment. We've only been here 2 months and I only have two friends in the village....... not known them a short while so don't feel I can lean on them too much.
Sorry for winging, feeling a little bit hopeless :-((

Mustbeinsane1984 Fri 07-Jul-17 23:22:14

Hi don't panic. I am also abroad and have found things a bit tricky with healthcare etc with first DC although I am not in France. Can you hire a local translator to go with you to appointments and are you in a financial position to pay for private bloods and scans locally. A friend of mine recently gave birth in France and she was in a similar situation. She used her uk health card for the birth. Are you signed into the French system? Is there any way you can travel back to family in the uk?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now