Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Raspberry leaf tea

(8 Posts)
Holz657 Thu 06-Jul-17 12:32:27

Hi all, hope everyone is well smile

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and yesterday I bought some raspberry leaf tea from Holland and Barrett. It's not the 100% tea, it's mixed with apple.

So does anyone have good experiences? Should I of bought the 100% tea instead?

Thanks x

moggle Thu 06-Jul-17 12:34:38

I doubt it'll make much difference. It'll probably taste nicer with apple though I found the plain stuff fine. I had a couple of cups every day from 37 weeks and DD came 5 days before her due date, quick labour, so it certainly didn't hurt. But drinking it was more just something to do!

ShowOfHands Thu 06-Jul-17 12:37:16

I think it's delicious. Hard to say if drinking vats of it helped me. 2nd stage was 8hrs and pointless (emcs) but I at least liked the taste. I still drink it now. Tried the tablets in my 2nd pregnancy but ended up with another emcs so no idea if it would have helped.

Beelzebop Thu 06-Jul-17 12:37:55

Honestly? I was overdue with all. 3 babies, drank the stuff till it came out of my ears. Did it do any good? Who knows? Was it foul? Yes!

NanooCov Thu 06-Jul-17 12:39:13

I never drank it at all. Was 5 days overdue but he came in 8 hours. My husband ended up drinking it after! grin

Holz657 Thu 06-Jul-17 12:40:31

I think I'll just stick with my 30% tea! I just tried it and it's delicious smile hopefully it helps haha! Can't seem to find any 100% teas online either. X

chelle85 Thu 06-Jul-17 16:04:59

I've got the 100% tea but they only seem to do the 100% in loose leaf. I got it on Amazon. Only 34 weeks at the minute so just having one cup a day but I quite like it so even if it makes no difference at least it isn't a waste. I do notice more Braxton Hicks after having it though so it seems to be doing something. I'm not sure it will induce labour any earlier but hopefully will help with the toning of the uterus to reduce length of labour. Fingers crossed

mortificado Thu 06-Jul-17 17:18:12

I drank it throughout all of my last pregnancy, last stage of labour was much quicker, but can't say it was definitely the tea, still drinking it now at 14 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now