Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possibly leaking? Really not sure... any advice please? (Maybe TMI)

(6 Posts)
usernamessuck123 Tue 04-Jul-17 11:43:47

I am 27 weeks and 5 days and since this morning have felt very 'wet' down below blush

It's not discharge, and pretty sure I haven't wee'd myself!!
I haven't felt a 'gush' as such, but my knickers are noticeably wet!
At my last 2 midwife appointments they have said my bump is measuring big, but the baby on track, so just extra fluid!

Has anyone ever experienced this? Or any advice on whether to call midwife or not?

Thank you halo

runninggranny Tue 04-Jul-17 11:52:29

I would call the midwif and explain, just to make sure all is well.

You can lose amniotic fluid in a trickle (if this is what it is). Don't want to worry you, but anything unusual like this really needs to be checked out.

Hope all is well and you will have a lovely healthy baby.smile

I know it sounds gross, but have you smelled it?

lookatthemoon Tue 04-Jul-17 12:00:39

I had something similar last pregnancy at about the same stage - and went to hospital. Turns out it wasn't amniotic fluid but was actually wee (didn't look or smell like wee was just very clear fluid). Pregnant bodies do funny things.

However, was really glad I did get it checked out and midwife said the same thing. Definitely call your midwife and put a pad on - so you can monitor how much fluid/they can see it/test it at hospital if you need to go in. Best of luck x

usernamessuck123 Tue 04-Jul-17 12:39:10

Thank you both - I will give them a call! star

xflipflopx Tue 04-Jul-17 14:30:42

I had this and apparently it was the hind waters

lifeistooshort Tue 04-Jul-17 14:35:37

I had this at 32 weeks and was in early labour. Best to check it out as should it be labour, you might be able to get steroid injections. Best to go and find out it is wee than not going!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now