Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Open cervix at almost 11 weeks?

(4 Posts)
peachgreen Sun 02-Jul-17 21:37:03

I had a scan last week at 10+3 and baby was fine - measuring correctly and we heard the heartbeat. I'm now 10+5 and today I (stupidly) checked my cervix and it feels VERY open - I can practically fit my fingertip in.

This is my second pregnancy - the last end in a MMC and I had an ERPC - would that cause it to be more open like in a second pregnancy? Should I call the midwife tomorrow? Nobody has checked my cervix and I'm really scared that this could be an early sign of miscarriage.

Please don't tell me off for checking my cervix - I know I shouldn't have but I did make sure I washed my hands thoroughly etc.

Lj8893 Sun 02-Jul-17 21:40:31

Sometimes in subsequent pregnancys the opening to the cervix can feel open, like you may be able to put a fingertip in, but it's not open the whole way through.

peachgreen Sun 02-Jul-17 21:43:58

I don't think it's open the whole way, it's too high up to really tell but it feels quite shallow, I can't push my finger very far. I just wasn't sure if a ERPC would have the same effect as a previous birth as I know that can stop your cervix from fully closing on the outside.

Lj8893 Sun 02-Jul-17 22:11:20

Well with an ERPC your cervix will be manually dilated, although obviously not as far as a full term labour. But I guess it could still leave it slightly open.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now