Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wide nursery rocking chairs

(8 Posts)
Lemondrop99 Sat 01-Jul-17 18:38:14

Sorry, posting here for traffic as no one ever responds to the product section.

Can anyone recommend a good glider nursing chairs for big bums?!

My friend swears by the Mothercare own brand one, and says when she tried the Tutti Bambini it was much narrower. But on paper the specs show that the Mothercare chair is actually significantly narrower (nearly 10cm). So I'm really confused.

Looking for a nice wide rocker. Anyone?!

Lemondrop99 Mon 03-Jul-17 00:35:04

Bump. Anyone?

Lemondrop99 Fri 07-Jul-17 16:12:56

Just bumping this up once more in the hope that someone might be able to help. C'mon, I can't be the only mum with a big backside trying to find a comfy nursing chair grin

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Sat 08-Jul-17 09:55:10

Not a "proper" nursing chair, but I have the ikea POÄNG chair which has loads of space and comfortably held me and dd for night feeds to 18 months and beyond - might be worth a look?

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Mon 10-Jul-17 14:42:55

It's not cheap (I got it on sale) but the Oak Rocking Chair from the Futon Company is very wide and comfy. I'm still feeding almost 2 year old ds in it!

Lemondrop99 Mon 10-Jul-17 14:57:54

Thanks both. I considered the Poang, but IKEA trips send DH into cold sweats!!

We've gone for the Kub Chatsworth nursing chair, which has a 60cm wide base.

It seems the one to avoid if you have a big bum is the Supremo Bambino chairs. They look the same as most nursing chairs but only have a 46cm wide seat.

Oblomov17 Mon 10-Jul-17 15:00:00

Have you considered trying to get an Ercol one? They are considered to be one of the best. I breastfeed both ds's in my lovely mil's one. Incredibly comfortable.

Oblomov17 Mon 10-Jul-17 15:01:22

Oh and yes, I could give Kim kardashian a run for her money!! 😉

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now