Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Positive test 5 weeks after miscarriage

(9 Posts)
Going4It Sat 01-Jul-17 16:05:10

Hey
Can anyone help me? I had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago and tested 2 weeks later- negative. Now I'm testing positive on a clear blue but negative on anything else. I feel pregnant. Is this all just some cruel trick and the clear blue is perhaps just picking up on old HCG levels maybe? confused
Thank you in anticipation xx

Jodiexsummer Sat 01-Jul-17 16:10:28

Hi there, I just made a post nearly identical to yours, I too had a MC nearly 5 weeks ago and just had a newly positive test on Thursday, but it's faint!
Hopefully this is a positive start for us!! Xxx

Going4It Sat 01-Jul-17 16:48:35

Hey Jodie!
I'm testing negative on everything else though so I think it's perhaps the curse of the blue dye sad I feel preg again and no sign of Auntie Flo but.....
I'm actually going insane wondering what is going on. I got a faint positive last Sunday- loads of negatives on other brands and a faint positive on clear blue today! hmm

Jodiexsummer Sat 01-Jul-17 17:02:16

Urgh how frustrating for you! sad bet your mind is doing overtime sad
Can you remember what brand you used when you tested negative 2 weeks later?
Have you tried using an early first response? X

Going4It Sat 01-Jul-17 17:06:02

Just cheap £ shop ones. Yeah I did a first response and it was negative sad I'm clearly getting false positives with Clear Blue xxx

NoddysBell Sat 01-Jul-17 17:08:31

Don't know if this is any help but after my last miscarriage I had a positive pregnancy test after 4 weeks as I was pregnant again. The result of that pregnancy is a very happy little girl. Best wishes flowers

Going4It Sat 01-Jul-17 17:17:14

Here's hoping! But I do think after doing lots of research it seems clear blue are known for giving false positives. Just need AF to come so I have some peace of mind! Or other tests to give a positive tooooo! Ahhhhhhh.....can't even drink gin to help switch off just in case grin

EdgeOfGlory266 Sat 01-Jul-17 18:05:11

No advice here. Just sending best wishes your way and hoping you have the news you want soon x

Jodiexsummer Sat 01-Jul-17 18:12:50

Oh bless you! 😩 I'd try (if you can bare it) to hold off testing for a few days like my doc advised me, especially if you don't come on, hopefully there'd be enough hcg in your system by then! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now