Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant again immediately after a miscarriage

(25 Posts)
user1498920950 Sat 01-Jul-17 16:00:15

Hello everyone this is my first post so not sure whether I'm doing this right or not ๐Ÿ˜Š
I sadly suffered an early miscarriage on may 30th and was around 5wks 4 days. Each test I did around that pregnancy was faint Obviously I wasn't sure on where I would stand with ovulation dates going forward but me and OH thought we'd not worry too much. However on Thursday 29th June I started having the same pregnancy symptoms as last time including incredibly sore boobs! I took a test and it is a faint positive! Faint but definitely there! I have mixed emotions, so happy to be blessed with being pregnant again but so so worried that it's a faint line and should be stronger by now? Are faint lines a worry or concern?
Thanks so much in advance, it's constantly on my mind! Xxx

Going4It Sat 01-Jul-17 16:50:21

Aha found your post! Yep we sure are in the same boat! Hard to focus on anything else isn't it??

Jodiexsummer Sat 01-Jul-17 17:28:57

Ah hiya again lovely! I know it's driving me insane! I've convinced myself that a faint line is bad news sad the doctor advised me yday to wait until next Thursday to take another test to see if it's darker so here's hoping! Xxx

Going4It Sat 01-Jul-17 17:35:47

Got everything crossed for you!!! I'm a nightmare with tests! Hence why I now know every brand gives me a negative but CB positive!! Lol! I look forward to hearing your good news X

myboysnames Sat 01-Jul-17 17:44:04

This happened to me twice. I've had 3 mcs and 4dc, 2 of whom were conceived immediately after a mc.
Everything crossed for a nice sticky one for you flowersflowersflowers

southeastlondonmum Sat 01-Jul-17 17:44:54

Sorry for your loss. Happened to me too. She's four and starts reception in September smile

sweetkitty Sat 01-Jul-17 17:46:18

Happened to me as well, mine is almost 9 now.

sweetkitty Sat 01-Jul-17 17:46:46

It's so weird to think that whilst I was still bleeding from the mc my body was ovulating.

Jodiexsummer Sat 01-Jul-17 18:08:00

Thank you all for your positive replies, makes me a lot less anxious!
Do you know if faint lines are a bad sign by the way? This is my test...
Sending you good thoughts Going4It really hope to hear good news soon, keep us updated! Xxx

owltrousers Sat 01-Jul-17 18:11:47

Just wanted to add my best wishes to both of you flowers

I'm not sure how true it is but don't people always say you are very fertile after a chemical pregnancy or a miscarriage?

Fingers crossed.

BayLeaves Sat 01-Jul-17 18:13:45

FWIW, I had an extremely faint line on multiple different pregnancy tests when I became pregnant with my second baby and it was a totally straightforward and successful pregnancy. So I don't think a faint line is a bad sign.

Jodiexsummer Sat 01-Jul-17 18:17:01

Ah I just read that actually before reading your message owltrousers thank you! Here's hoping!
I should add I already have a beautiful daughter who's 3 next month and she was a healthy first pregnancy for me but after the early mc I'm a nervous wreck! Xxx

Going4It Sat 01-Jul-17 18:18:13

Jodie that's def a positive! Really happy for you xxx

CL1982 Sat 01-Jul-17 18:22:04

We are the same-pregnancy after Mc. Here's to sticky beans all round smile

Jodiexsummer Sat 01-Jul-17 18:29:10

That's so helpful to know thanks Bayleaves! I assumed as my first healthy pregnancy was a strong dark line that my other pregnancies should be too! All different I suppose smile xxx

Jodiexsummer Sat 01-Jul-17 18:30:16

I've only tested on one cheapy test Going4It incase of having a negative on other tests! Hope this one sticks!
Ah good luck CL1982 there's nothing worse than the anxiety after a mc xxx

Jodiexsummer Mon 03-Jul-17 14:15:24

Yay so I have good news! ๐Ÿ’–
I had to go to a&e with a horrible allergic reaction yday and ended up staying in hospital for 6 hours where they told me I was pregnant so it's official!
The sad news is I had to take a Loratadine but they did assure me it's the safest antihistamine to take during early pregnancy so hopefully all is well! X

owltrousers Mon 03-Jul-17 14:27:48

Hurray! congratulations @jodiexsummer ! flowers

Jodiexsummer Mon 03-Jul-17 14:37:04

Awww thank you! I have cramping now which I know is normal but I also had it before mc so I'm just choosing to stay positive! Fingers crossed! Xx

CL1982 Mon 03-Jul-17 16:06:12

@jodiexsummer I know how you feel. I have had backache and have been super paranoid. We just have to have confidence in our bodies doing the right things for us now....

Jodiexsummer Mon 03-Jul-17 17:33:12

@CL1982 so right! I bet we'd be worried if we weren't having any symptoms! Xx

Going4It Mon 03-Jul-17 18:21:36

Sending you love Jodie! Congrats!!! Even the clear blue tests are saying I'm not and I'm having terrible period cramps so I've accepted that the positives were false. We don't even know if we will try again after the last miscarriage and then false positives. It's caused too much uncertainty and upset. I need some peace of mind and think trying again now could destroy me. Need to be a good mama for the 3 I have! I will be watching closely to see how you're getting on though! Xxx

Jodiexsummer Mon 03-Jul-17 18:40:12

Oh noo! So sad to hear that @Going4It I can't believe you had a false positive! That's so gut wrenching ๐Ÿ˜ข All this is just one constant worry isn't it! I honestly feel like I'm about to come on any minute the cramps and pain I'm having atm! Feels like last time! What's really weird is if my dates are right I'm 5 weeks 4 days to the day today, the exact day I mc'd.
I Really hope that time is a healer for you and your kiddies help you through! You never know you may feel stronger with time and it may happen when you don't expect it ๐Ÿ˜˜ Xxx

Going4It Wed 05-Jul-17 20:31:56

Started my period so it was def 3 false positives!! Going to have a break now for my sanity! Keep me informed Jodie! Sending love xxx

Jodiexsummer Thu 06-Jul-17 08:40:54

Ohh I'm so sorry sad sad maybe you had a chemical? Try to stay positive and in time I've heard so many people say that when they stopped trying it happened for them. Loads of love xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now