Talk

Advanced search

Possible second miscarriage - feeling awful :(

(5 Posts)
anxiouscrazycatlady Fri 30-Jun-17 10:49:46

Hi ladies,

Newbie first time poster here so hopefully I'll click all the right buttons!

I was in hospital yesterday seeing a gynae consultant (nothing to do with my pregnancy) and I started bleeding. He was great and took me to the nurses so they could take bloods. I went to bed for the rest of the day as had awful stomach and back cramps, the bleeding tailed off and I think overall I only filled one pad. It's stopped now, but a bit of brown spotting coming through and I still have a sore back.

The hospital called in the evening to say my HCG levels were 49965 (compared to 9656 the week before) which they said sounded normal for around 6 weeks, however I'm a bit wary as blood was taken about 10 minutes after I started bleeding so surely the hormone levels wouldn't drop in that time? I've got a scan booked in for the 10th so literally just have to sit and wait until then. I've still got really bad morning sickness which is just cruel if I have miscarried or about to.

I was pregnant earlier on in the year and had a bleed at 6 weeks, they found a heartbeat but this stopped at 8 weeks and I had a ERPC. Terrified it's going to happen again now. I've been reading about taking baby aspirin to help avoid miscarriages so was thinking about starting to take that, what do people think? Any advice from anyone who's experience similar??

ThomasRichard Fri 30-Jun-17 10:53:28

Oh dear OP, how upsetting and scary for you flowers Do you have a midwife yet? If so, give them a call and ask if you can be referred to the Early Pregnancy Unit for an earlier scan. If not, you can contact your GP.

anxiouscrazycatlady Fri 30-Jun-17 13:39:37

Thanks ThomasRichard I called up the EPU and they moved my scan to next Wednesday without much persuading! Now I just need to get through the next few days....

AnUtterIdiot Fri 30-Jun-17 13:48:24

You can also get a private scan earlier if you can't wait until Wednesday. They will tell you whether or not there is a heartbeat and give you info to take to the scan on Wednesday. Fingers crossed all's still well flowers

ThomasRichard Fri 30-Jun-17 14:15:26

That's good news, I'm glad they were helpful. YY to a private scan if you can afford it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now