Talk

Advanced search

Babywearing and pregnancy

(3 Posts)
user1488794856 Thu 29-Jun-17 07:25:37

Looking for some advice from fellow babywearers regarding pregnancy.

Dh and I are planning on trying for #2, and we currently have a 5 month old. She naps on my chest and in her sling exclusively. I am ok with this and most days enjoy it,but just trying to plan ahead for pregnancy.
My questions are:
How long did you continue to babywearers whilst pregnant?
What carriers and positions did you use?
I plan to wear dC2 also, what did you do if they both wanted/needed to be worn at the same time?
I am hoping Dc1 will be napping independently by the time dC2 arrives, but as she is still so little I'd like to keep wearing her as long as I can for naps when she needs it.

Thanks

Holdbacktheriver Thu 29-Jun-17 10:41:49

I continued to bw in my last two pregnancies. The dc were 18months/2 so I was using a wrap for a back carry and sometimes a ringsling. Tying Tibetan I always find more comfy anyway but much easier with a bump.

As my dc were older I think we had to stop at about 7 months due to my spd I just couldn't carry them anymore.

It's entirely possible to tandem carry. You can do this lots of different ways 2 ssc, 2 wraps and depending on ages maybe with 2rs.

Have a look on Facebook and YouTube smile

acquiescence Thu 29-Jun-17 12:41:18

www.sheffieldslingsurgery.co.uk/2016/07/11/carrying-while-pregnant/

This is some guidance from my local sling surgery, I still carry my toddler so have looked for guidance recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now