Talk

Advanced search

Fed up and fat

(6 Posts)
blondielocks29 Mon 26-Jun-17 18:16:47

Just need a bit of a moan as I'm feeling so fed up and fat 😞(deffo fat and not a bump)

Nearly 16 weeks with baby number 1 and the nausea is finally easing off (yay!) but I've literally spent the last 10 weeks pretty much only eating beige food (bread, potatoes, salty crisps, pasta...)

I've put on so much weight and feel so bloody fat and crap in everything I wear. I'm generally a 12 with a bit of a tummy anyway and now even some 16 bits are feeling smug 😭

I tried to go shopping at the weekend to get some bits that feel more comfortable and look a bit better but I just look like I've eaten too many pies (which to be fair sums up the pregnancy so far).
It's getting so difficult to get dressed for work now (not telling people unless I can help it).

Now I'm feeling a bit better I can start eating better and will start walking more and swimming which I am looking forward too but it's just so frustrating at the moment.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out and don't think my poor other half deserves another self pitying moan lol

RS123 Mon 26-Jun-17 19:43:51

Very bloated here and only 5+5, bought a few larger t-shirts two sizes up but mainly living in floaty dresses I've found in my local charity shop, plus those jeans adjusters. Heat not helping. Used to be a 12 now 14/16.

DrG13 Mon 26-Jun-17 19:44:37

Being pregnant isn't great for the confidence is it! I too felt (and was) fat and frumpy and couldn't fit clothes properly from pretty early on. I basically felt like I'd gone from a fairly attractive woman to some kind of sexless swollen blob 😩 I don't think there's much you can do unfortunately. Eat well if you're able to, and exercise if you're able to. But don't beat yourself up. It's a hard enough time as it is. Your body may just be predisposed to gain a lot of weight in pregnancy, or you may find your weight gain slows a bit over the next few weeks. Either way, you have to just make peace with it. It can all be rectified when your body is your own again. I'm sure you look far better than you think you do anyway. It's fine to have a moan and be miserable about it - I think a lot of women would share your feelings - but don't dwell on it too much because it's largely out of your control.

LucyLugosi Mon 26-Jun-17 19:53:12

I am feeling the same. I'm 9 weeks and I've gained so much weight, I feel like I don't recognise myself anymore. Photos are so depressing!

I keep reading that I shouldn't be gaining weight this early, and I feel ugly and embarrassed :/

sureitsgrand Mon 26-Jun-17 22:54:21

9 weeks and feeling the same. I initially lost weight as I had no appetite but boy have I made up for it the last three weeks. Scared to weigh myself. Feel horrible

confusedat23 Tue 27-Jun-17 07:41:54

Dw OP i felt the same until my bump started coming through! I'm 22+4 now and only just stopped crying about clothes 😂

What I found helped me was having very baggy clothes until this point... MIL insisted I looked better in toghter clothes but honestly what matters most is what you feel comfortable in!

Then once bump starts coming through look for clothes that excentuate your bump... its much nicer to get clothes that give you a nice big round bump than skimming clothes designed to make you look smaller because i just felt like they made me look like a large woman trying to look slim as opposed to this blossoming pregnant woman I am!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now