Talk

Advanced search

Am I being over fussy?

(6 Posts)
leah167 Sun 25-Jun-17 12:57:28

I'm due my little bundle of joy very soon.
I have decided that I don't want anyone to take pictures of him and post them anywhere. I also didn't want any visitors at the hospital and only visitors a day or so after baby is home as I'm BF any I want to be comfortable first before people come over.
Am I being silly?

Mustbeinsane1984 Sun 25-Jun-17 13:13:13

Not being silly what so ever! It's your baby and your choice. I've seen many 'Facebook' posts introducing a new baby when it should be the parents choice when and who they announce it to. You do have to understand your friends and family members will be happy for you and your new arrival and probably mean well!

I'm due our second any day now. Specifically discussed with DH that the first visiting just us both and our first son so he can meet his sibling first with just our attention. Also I'd prefer less visitors the first 2 weeks to get into a routine with BF etc and adjusting our family having a new little one. But you might also feel very proud of yourself and new arrival that you want to shout it,from the roof tops 🙂

No matter wha you decide you will always be judged, you can't please everyone, do what's best for you and baby.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 25-Jun-17 13:25:29

I don't think you are being fussy at all, it's your baby.

One thing that worked for us was having a baby welcome party. We invited everyone around to our house between 2 and 5 on a Sunday and just put on cake and drinks, I got everything in while still pg.

Family and friends helped with making sure everyone's drink was topped up and washing up and everyone had a lovely time.

DC2 was about a week old when we did this, parents and siblings had already met LO and we did it as we were worn out with the constant stream of visitors with DC1, there had been times when we'd switched phones off and drawn the curtains and people had still banged on the door!

leah167 Sun 25-Jun-17 14:21:37

Thanks guys!
Feeling a little upset as sister has invited herself to the hospital and my mum said it would nasty to tell her to wait..just don't have much control of what's going to happen and would be nice for it to go how I want it as much as I can.
So how would I go about asking family members not to post or take pictures of bubs?
I was looking forward to just being in a little bubble with my partner and my mum as I'm a first time mum and feeling pretty nervous about it all.

suffolknclose Sun 25-Jun-17 14:26:54

I don't think it's particular good to set specific rules or requirements as you don't know how you'll feel afterwards. Can you not just wait and see?

How does your DH/DP feel about the photographs and visitors policy?

OlennasWimple Sun 25-Jun-17 14:33:59

Why don't you just leave it vague about visitors ("I don't know how I'll be feeling so I'm not committing to anything right now")?

Absolutely your right to request no FB photos but I think it's rather restrictive to say no one can take a photo when they do visit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now