Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Ectopic pregnancy?

(15 Posts)
isthismummy Sun 25-Jun-17 07:53:29

I only found out I was pregnant nine days ago. Been having some spotting/light bleeding and got checked out at early pregnancy unit for this. HCG levels last Tuesday/Thursday were 271 and 272 respectively.

I have to go back Tuesday as nurse says it's probably an ectopic pregnancy due to levels not rising. I'm about four and a half weeks along.

I've had diarrhoea every day since I found out I'm pregnant and a near constant brown ish spotting/staining. Also got backache and hot flashes. Has anybody else been through this? It's my first pregnancy and at 38 I'm no spring chicken. Really scaredsad

ChrisPrattsFace Sun 25-Jun-17 07:56:56

Sorry, no advice but didn't want to read and run.
Handhold and flowers is my best I'm afraid!

xflipflopx Sun 25-Jun-17 08:15:33

Hi
I had experience of this last year, had an early scan due to bleeding and they couldn't see anything in the scan so said wait a week come back and have another scan, a week later scan showed a sac so they took bloods and said come back again in two days to repeat bloods...
Two days later bloods had gone up so they said right come back again in two days, went back and bloods remained the same. I had had pain on my left side so they assumed baby was in the tube.
I had a laparoscopy done assuming I was going to lose a tube I woke up to find I was completely intact smile
They couldn't find the baby anywhere the pain I had was a shell from which the egg was released...
Then I went home for 10 days to recover but had to go back for a further scan so see if anything had now developed in my womb and 10 days later they now believed I had a molar pregnancy!
I had surgery to remove it all and then waited three weeks to confirm if it was molar luckily after the longest wait ever they confirmed no was a miscarriage after all with nothing nasty going on.
Sorry my story isn't exactly enlightening but I know when I went through it last year I wanted to hear stories good or bad.
Best of luck OP
Let us know how you get on. 🤞 x

RedSandYellowSand Sun 25-Jun-17 08:16:35

I'm sorry. It doesn't sound positive for a healthy pregnancy flowers.
If it is an ectopic, I recommend browsing the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust pages. Loads of useful info.
Both my boys (currently playing with Lego) were concieved post an ectopic pregnancy and tube removal. Xxx

isthismummy Sun 25-Jun-17 08:34:46

Thank your everyone for your responses.

I don't think it sounds healthy either. I really don't want it to get to tube removal. I've already got low ovarian reserve and it's a miracle I got pregnant at all really. Losing a tube will make it even harder to conceive than it already is. I'm not even five weeks yet. I really hope they can help me without surgery.

isthismummy Sun 25-Jun-17 08:54:25

Is it possible it's a miscarriage not ectopic? I keep clinging to that, but the bad stomach and other symptoms also make me suspect there's still a pregnancy somewhere!

It's just awful. After being told I'd never conceive I did and now this...

moomin11 Sun 25-Jun-17 09:04:09

Sorry you're going through this. Have they scanned you? I had an ectopic pregnancy a few months ago and thankfully avoided surgery. I was however reassured that it wasn't ectopic because of my hormone levels and pain severity but I had a feeling it was and turned out to be right. Trust your instincts and please contact or go to your EPU if you're worried about symptoms. Always better to err on the side of caution if it's potentially ectopic.

isthismummy Sun 25-Jun-17 09:14:28

Theyve said nothing will show on scan yet as I'm not even five weeks. I have to go on Monday for more bloods and to see the nurse. If it is ectopic I want it treated asap. I cannot lose a tube!

I'm sorry you went through it moomin it's so awfulflowers I don't really have any pain. Quite a lot of twinges, pulls etc around uterus area, but no bad pain or cramps.

It's just crap isn't it? I had about two days of elation at being pregame before it went to shitsad

isthismummy Sun 25-Jun-17 09:14:43

Pregnant even...

moomin11 Sun 25-Jun-17 09:24:54

It sounds like they suspect ectopic rather than a miscarriage because of your levels, although my levels didn't do what they normally do for an ectopic so it's not an exact science. The thing that annoyed me was a Dr reassured me it wasn't ectopic based upon hcg levels alone, a scan just a few days later showed a blockage in my right tube. If it does turn out to be ectopic you'd hopefully be able to try medical management as you're early on with low hcg levels. It is scary and shit, whether a mc or ep, I've had 2 mcs too so really feel for you. It's a waiting game at this stage which is incredibly hard.

moomin11 Sun 25-Jun-17 09:26:34

The miscarriage/pregnancy board is really helpful on here too.

Stee1 Sun 25-Jun-17 09:44:15

I'm going through it myself I opted for the injection first one didn't work so had 2nd injection does make you feel crap and can't try for months but it has saved my tubes ovary ect. I had a feeling something wasn't right I just knew. My levels got to 1600 and 2nd injection brought it to 700 odd. I'm 26 so a bit younger was my 2nd pregnancy I have an almost 8 year old. Think mine is purely getting pregnant 2 weeks after the implant came out id had it in almost 8 years and never let my body to recover/get back to normal. Hope your okay

isthismummy Sun 25-Jun-17 13:15:48

I don't think it's a miscarriage either. I can feel twinges, pulling etc around my whole stomach area. There's definitely something there.

So sorry for everybody else who has been through this. It really is awful.

Feel so rubbish. I'm hungry, but when I eat I feel sick and stomach is sooo dodgy! Makes it even worse knowing it's probably for nothing.

moomin11 Mon 26-Jun-17 08:18:57

Hope everything goes as well as it can today.

Archie2011 Wed 12-Jul-17 21:54:31

I'm so confused I have been ttc for 3 years, have PCOS!! found out I was pregnant 10 days ago. Due to irregular periods in somewhere between 3-6 weeks!! Dr send me from bloods and they can back at (dr thought) 4weeks 6 day 52ml and 5weeks 122ml. Dr called me in today and said it's possible Ectopic and have booked a scan tomorrow morning, still having pregnancy symptoms and positive tests I'm so confused 😳

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: