Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Getting married in 8 weeks and at 27 weeks my ankles are like grapefruits....sigh. Flip flops for a wedding?

(16 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Fri 23-Jun-17 20:08:07

Is that a thing? Im thinking rose gold havaianas. Gutted i can't get my feet in anything 😕

Jellybabie3 Fri 23-Jun-17 20:08:28

I had to take my new sandals back 😢

Gunpowder Fri 23-Jun-17 20:10:11

I know a bride who got married in wellies! She looked awesome and you could only tell when she lifted her dress up. Defo wear flip flops, so much comfier and better to be smiling in fliplops than wincing in heels.

crimminyjicket Fri 23-Jun-17 20:10:47

I wore havaianas and wasnt even pregnant! Best thing i did! Comfortable feet ALL day long!

Jellybabie3 Fri 23-Jun-17 20:15:09

Ah ok great. Just feel silly having wedding dress and flip flops on but i literally cant see me getting anything else on at this rate. I have a long dress but by the time bump gets bigger i suspect it will rise up!

mummabubs Fri 23-Jun-17 21:57:29

I spent my entire reception in my oldest mankiest pair of slippers- and wasn't even pregnant then! Honestly, preggers or not comfort is #1. I know other people who've got married in converse, flip flops and wellies. No one will judge you, it's your day and you deserve to be comfortable!

gruffalocake2 Fri 23-Jun-17 22:19:18

I just bought these rose gold sandals... maybe one step smarter than flip flops and also avoid the noise! www.frenchconnection.com/product/woman-collections-sale-shoes-and-boots/sfhan/mia-crossover-leather-slingback-sandals.htm?clr=f0ab87

Maiz7654 Fri 23-Jun-17 22:27:43

After the photos I had slippers on under my wedding dress, I'm all about the comfort and no one could see ha ha. I wasn't even pregnant!

Jellybabie3 Fri 23-Jun-17 22:42:54

Thanks all. gruffalo thanks for the link but i would still be worried about getting my feet in those or them swelling and having to take them off. I may way til nearer the time to purchase.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 23-Jun-17 22:43:54

Whatever brings comfort. I spent the last 7w pregnancy in slippers and first 3w of being a mum in them

Got edema and feet ankles thighs basically whole legs both swelled up due to water rentention

4.99 pair of slippers from shoe zone saved me !!!

I waddled roundin them for 10w in all and bloody comfy !!!

ScarlettInSpace Fri 23-Jun-17 23:29:36

I wasn't pregnant when I got harried but I changed into flip flops ten minutes after the ceremony was over - my wedding shoes were gorgeous but painful!

I treated myself to some kurt Geiger white diamanté flip flops as I knew I'd want to change - I'd say go for it grin

elpinguino Sat 24-Jun-17 03:04:23

I had rose gold Havaianas for my wedding, I wasn't pregnant, they are beautiful! (Actually on the day, they ended up buried in a box somewhere in the wedding marquee so I wore the cheap flip flops we'd had printed for guests - it was all about being comfortable!! No one noticed.) Now that I'm 30 weeks pregnant, I'm pretty much living in flip flops and unattractive extra wide trainers because of the swelling. Wear the flip flops, be comfortable, and enjoy your day. Congratulations!

runnerbean39 Sat 24-Jun-17 09:51:25

I would very strongly recommend trying a pair of these www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,30/1858530452 they're the comfiest sandals I have ever ever had. The soles are more flexible than others, the material gives a bit, so they don't feel tight at all, but they stay on because of the style, which may help you and I think they're smart enough for nice dresses. They also come in different colours including gold 😀 Just try not to get them wet!

runnerbean39 Sat 24-Jun-17 09:57:03

Sorry, messed up link www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,60/1858500079

runnerbean39 Sat 24-Jun-17 09:57:37

Sorry, if you copy the whole link into browser, it should work!

Moanyoldcow Sat 24-Jun-17 10:58:29

I wore flip flops to mine and wasn't pregnant! The sensible choice in my opinion!! Congratulations on your wedding and baby!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: