Talk

Advanced search

Hardly any baby movement at 40 +3?

(78 Posts)
FutureMummmmmmyx Wed 21-Jun-17 11:16:39

Hello, just a bit of advice for a worries (maybe just paranoid) first time future mum. My due date is Sunday (4 days from now) and I'm a little worried about the baby moving.

I haven't felt him move much (though I know I felt him kick yesterday) and I can't remember him kicking or moving much over the past few days. I have felt him move but not kick today but only once or twice. He is normally kicking or moving constantly, should I be worried?

I hasn't seen my midwife since about 35 weeks as they cancelled my last one due to over booking and the hospital don't have any appointments either, but I'm going to call in a bit just to ask but wanted some advice first.

Is less movement so close to the end normal? Ive googled it and Some people have said yes some have said no..

Any advice from people who experienced the same so close?

Hamsolo Wed 21-Jun-17 11:18:02

It's not meant to be normal, no. I think best to go get it checked out.

endofthelinefinally Wed 21-Jun-17 11:19:02

Get in touch with your delivery suite or emergency midwife number now.
If you cant find it on your notes go to hospital now. Dont wait. Please.

GoodBadOrIndifferent Wed 21-Jun-17 11:19:13

It's not normal. You need to see a midwife ASAP. Go to the maternity assessment unit.

SmileInAWhile Wed 21-Jun-17 11:20:20

Any reduced movement or change in pattern should be checked. Please call and get yourself seen.

Mummysh0rtlegs Wed 21-Jun-17 11:21:25

Piling in with the message that you just phone immediately and be seen.

MadisonAvenue Wed 21-Jun-17 11:21:47

Please get checked out. Don't wait any longer to call.

fluffandsnuff Wed 21-Jun-17 11:23:02

Call the 24 hour number on your mat notes. Honestly, they would rather see you- I've been in and they put you in the monitor for a bit, but no one would make you feel like a time waster I promise.

guiltynetter Wed 21-Jun-17 11:24:10

go now. you should have been repeatedly told by your midwife that any decrease in movements towards the end should be checked out ASAP. the fact that you haven't seen anybody since 35 weeks is terrible to be honest! especially as it's your first.

guiltynetter Wed 21-Jun-17 11:24:58

sorry not just a decrease in movements towards the end. anytime.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 21-Jun-17 11:26:05

Please get it checked asap!

FutureMummmmmmyx Wed 21-Jun-17 11:33:12

Thank you for replies so quickily I just phoned the doctors they are going to phone me back but the receptionist said that when she had a baby. The moments slowed down right before labour and not to worry for now.

And yeah I am quite upset about having no appointments since 35 weeks and have no more at all, but they said there to busy and have no free appointments sad

MaverickSnoopy Wed 21-Jun-17 11:33:56

Agree with the above. Can I add to have a cold drink and lie on your left side as this is supposed to help move the baby. Do call though.

hellotoyellow Wed 21-Jun-17 11:34:21

I am an obstetrician. Go to your delivery hospital to be monitored. Do not take no for an answer, this is nothing to do with your GP.

hellotoyellow Wed 21-Jun-17 11:34:40

And please, once this is over, phone and make a complaint about the receptionist.

Barrytheunicorn Wed 21-Jun-17 11:35:11

Don't waste your time with your gp phone the Labour ward you'll get seen quicker than waiting for your gp to call you back and then liaise with the Labour ward.

putputput Wed 21-Jun-17 11:36:20

As others said, your GP can't do anything. Phone your labour ward now.
Don't listen to the advice of the receptionist!

MadameJosephine Wed 21-Jun-17 11:37:28

I'm a midwife, you need to contact your maternity unit and go in to be reviewed asap.

While you are there make an official complaint about your antenatal care, it is totally unacceptable for you not to have been seen for the last 5 weeks!

Batteriesallgone Wed 21-Jun-17 11:37:35

What the fuck is the receptionist doing acting like she is qualified to give out advice. Especially wrong and potentially dangerous advice.

Don't bother with your GP. Find your notes and ring the delivery suite number on there. Make sure you are seen.

Myusername2015 Wed 21-Jun-17 11:38:06

I had this Sunday at 40 plus 4 they saw me straight away and baby is fine they would always rather see you asap. Woman next to me needed an emergency c section baby fine but good job she came in. Let us know how you get on x

NapQueen Wed 21-Jun-17 11:40:11

Go to the MAU. Gp wont be able to do anything.

arbrighton Wed 21-Jun-17 11:40:29

nonononno, it's not normal

Don't ring GP, ring Maternity assessment/ triage number

ChinaRose Wed 21-Jun-17 11:40:35

Forget the GP you need to goto the maternity unit delivery suite or AAU.

Myusername2015 Wed 21-Jun-17 11:41:43

And also adding omg to the receptionist I can't believe she said that! You should have been told immediately to ring maternity triage. Since I went in they told me to ring at the slightest concern they would always rather reassure women x

YellowLawn Wed 21-Jun-17 11:43:15

just go to the maternity ward now.

take your bag

good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now